CC
Posted By
Carlos_Castillo
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am unable to print borderless photos on my new Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer. A returned email from Epson instructed me to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver from their website and follow the instructions to print. I did all that and still no change. I was hoping someone had already solved this problem. I am not sure if this is a Epson or PS problem. My settings are:
Page Setup
Settings: Page Attributes
(In Summary the Paper Margins are 0.12in, Top, Left, Bottom, Right – I can not alter) Format for Stylus Photo R300 Epson SP R300 Series (1,1)
Paper Size: 4 x 6 in (borderless)
Orientation: Landscape
Scale 100%
In Print with Preview:
Position: Top 0 Left 0
Center Inage: Unchecked
Scaled Print Size: Scale: 100%, Height 4 in Wide 6 in
Show Bound Box: Unchecked
In the Print window:
Printer Stylus Photo R300
Presets: Standard
Layout: Border: None
Mac OS 10.2.8, Espon Print Driver 7.0.1Epson Printer Utility 1.72 Photoshop CS, Using Epson Borderless 4×6 paper. Thank you for your help.
Carlos

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
PShock
May 12, 2004
My first bit of advice is to forget about calling Epson for tech support. My experience with them tells me they’re fairly clueless.

Are you printing to the "Borderless printer". If the R300 is the same as my 2200, the driver installs several "printers". (Roll Paper Borderless, Standard, Sheet Borderless, etc. I think there’s 7 total.) Make sure these are available in Print Center and then make sure you select the borderless printer in the print dialog. For 4×6 borderless, you’d choose Sheet Borderless.

-phil
SS
Sheryl_Smith
Jul 3, 2004
I had simillar problem. Is your printer plugged directly into your computer of does it go via a hub?
I could not get a response from epson quick enough so i concluded from some of the background qs they asked that connection might cause probs..and voila…mines fixed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections