Posted By
Charara_Ali
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Photoshop CS has a limitation on big documents ( > 30000 px): cannot save them as DCS format (only TIFF is available, RAW and PSB are useless to me). I need to save four big documents representing CMYK seperations as EPS format to form a DCS set.
I have to do either of two things:
– convert the big file images from TIFF to eps.
or – make DCS accept TIFF files.

any help on how to do that is appreciated.
Thanks.
Ali Charara
Layout Ltd.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 9, 2004
The pixel limit in Photoshop 8 (CS) is actually 300,000 pixels in any one direction (height or width).

Make sure you have "Enable Large Document Format (.psb)" checked in Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling if you have files that exceed 2GB.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 9, 2004
Save as DCS2 (multiple file with composite)
CA
Charara_Ali
Jul 9, 2004
Thanks for the reply, However both ways don’t work. Photoshop can save big documents (whose height or width is above 30,000 px) in one of the following formats: TIFF, RAW, or PSB but no other format, not DCS1 nor DCS2.
that’s why I’m trying to make the DCS2 format accept TIFF format seperations… I couldn’t yet!? any more input?…
kind regards
Ali
B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
stop using Quark
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 9, 2004
Tile the image.
Place a guide in Photoshop and crop one half (?) of the image first, and than the other (from the master PSD file).
You can reassemble the tiles in Quark : ), numerically (don’t trust your eyes or the monitor).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections