IW
Posted By
It Wuznie Me
Jun 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My wife and I are new to digital photo techniques. I bought her the new Elements for Christmas and we believe that we are making it too hard on ourselves.

We are having difficulty in getting a picture from photoshop to our email (AT&T Yahoo). When we use the photoshop command to send in email, the program puts the picture in its own folder in the folder "Adobe"rather than as a file in a folder. We are having a great deal of difficulty in then attaching that folder to an email.

I would like to save the picture from photoshop directly to a folder within a folder "My pictures) in My documents. It sounds simple but I am having a heckuva time moving the picture out of the folder that Photoshop creades in the Folder "Adobe" in My Documents.

Am I just stupid or am I making something very easy into something very difficult?

Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Plaincity
Jun 16, 2007
You’re making it too hard.

When you have the photo edited the way you want it, click on IMAGE, RESIZE, IMAGE SIZE.

Make sure the RESAMPLE IMAGE and CONSTRAIN PROPORTIONS boxes are ticked.

In the PIXEL DIMENSIONS box set the width for about 900 – 1000. This will reduce the photo down to a size that will easily email.

Do a SAVE AS (Never save over the top of the original) and give it a new name in any folder you want. It is then set to attach to your email in a proper size.

"It Wuznie Me" wrote in message
My wife and I are new to digital photo techniques. I bought her the new Elements for Christmas and we believe that we are making it too hard on ourselves.

We are having difficulty in getting a picture from photoshop to our email (AT&T Yahoo). When we use the photoshop command to send in email, the program puts the picture in its own folder in the folder "Adobe"rather than as a file in a folder. We are having a great deal of difficulty in then attaching that folder to an email.
I would like to save the picture from photoshop directly to a folder within a folder "My pictures) in My documents. It sounds simple but I am having a heckuva time moving the picture out of the folder that Photoshop creades in the Folder "Adobe" in My Documents.
Am I just stupid or am I making something very easy into something very difficult?

Thanks for your help.
RG
Roy G
Jun 16, 2007

Thanks for your help.

It is even easier than that.

Keep your photos in Folders within the Windows My Pictures folder. Copy them to those folders drectly from the Camera, or even better a Card Reader.

Windows will show a "Send by Email" option in the Folder Options on the LH side of the screen.

When you want to Email one or more, highlight the one or ones you want, and click on that Option. Windows will then put up a dialogue box to resize the Image/s. There is a tick box which can give you the choice of 3 sizes.

Just click Ok and it will "attach" the Resized images to a message in your Email Program, and it won’t change the size of the original, which will still be in your My Pictures Folder.
B
benn
Jun 23, 2007
Look for "Save for Web" under "Files" It will allow you to resize the picture then save to any location/folder you choose!

Gary Bennett

Thanks for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections