Saving fading documents (Was Fading T(h)ermal paper)

N
Posted By
NWEST1
Jul 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Reviewing first responses to my query, it is obvious I did a poor job explaining what I was trying to do.

I have documents printed on light sensitive paper such as used on a fax, etc on which the printing is gradually disappearing. The printing is so faint that things like OCR are not an option.

I have scanned the document into Photoshop and tried things like level adjustment, selection by color, etc. and have come to the conclusion that I am wandering around rather aimlessly without a methodical and organized approach.

Since fading printing due to printing process, paper or age has to be a common problem, does anyone know of a turtorial on how to approach the problem in a systematic way?

I will appreciate any help I get.

Norm in Texas

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GK
George King
Jul 14, 2005
"Norman H. West" wrote in message
Reviewing first responses to my query, it is obvious I did a poor job explaining what I was trying to do.

I have documents printed on light sensitive paper such as used on a fax, etc on which the printing is gradually disappearing. The printing is so faint that things like OCR are not an option.
I have scanned the document into Photoshop and tried things like level adjustment, selection by color, etc. and have come to the conclusion that I am wandering around rather aimlessly without a methodical and organized approach.

Since fading printing due to printing process, paper or age has to be a common problem, does anyone know of a turtorial on how to approach the problem in a systematic way?

I will appreciate any help I get.

Norm in Texas

Try this:
http://webdesign.templatemonster.com/web/photoshop/photo-edi ting/black-white-faded-restoration.4734.html

George in Texas

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections