HM
Posted By
henrik_milly
May 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I DO NOT HAVE ADOBE ACROBAT READER. I TYPED DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOSHOP AND SAVED THE DOCUMENTS AS PDF. THEY ARE WAY TOO HEAVY (ABOUT 3 MB EACH.

I AM SURE THAT THIS WAS THE WRONG APPROACH. I AM JUST NOT SURE WHAT TO TRY NEXT

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 30, 2004
Lets start by turning off your Caps Lock so that we can hear ourselves think……

Acrobat reader is a free download from here:
<http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html>

Now why are the documents "too heavy"? What do you want to use them for?
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 30, 2004
Do you have other elements in your file? Did you include the vector data (otherwise, the text is rasterized)?
B
Buko
May 30, 2004
I TYPED DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOSHOP

use text edit
HM
henrik_milly
May 30, 2004
Thanks for your reply Ann. I went to the url to download acrobat reader. I just wanted to use the douments for text. When I saved the docs in photoshop, I made sure to save them at the lowest quality — 0.
HM
henrik_milly
May 30, 2004
So you use text edit ? Can you save it as a pdf?
HM
henrik_milly
May 31, 2004
I downloaded acrobat reader but you can only view pdf’s. One can’t write them

I wanted to download the pro version demo but they made it work with windows only.

Do you have any suggestions?

Henrik
B
Buko
May 31, 2004
Use text edit
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 31, 2004
If you just want to save text, follow Buko’s advice and use TextEdit (if you are on OSX) or SimpleText on Mac OS 9.

If you need a PDF, you can make one by Printing from TextEdit: File menu/Print/Save as PDF.

You can then open your PDF using either Acrobat Reader or Apple’s "Preview".
HM
henrik_milly
May 31, 2004
thanks !

-Henrik
TW
terry_woodbridge
Jun 2, 2004
I saved a BC I made in Photoshop 5.0 and would like to give the pdf to my client without the text so he can change the phone number, address of his business in the future if he needs to. He doesn’t have Photoshop on is Apple computer (I’m not sure whether he has a G4, G5). if I sent him a PDF of the file can he write to the file. Or if I enter leave the address in the BC(entered in Photo 5.0), can he access the type. Do I need to put the type in Quark, or some other application.

thanks

Terry
TW
terry_woodbridge
Jun 2, 2004
I forgot to subscribe to discussion by email
J
jonf
Jun 2, 2004
This appears to be a new, unrelated question. Please post it on the forum with it’s own subject line and you’ll get a lot more useful responses.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections