PS CS2 does not allow saving transparancy into 32 bits tga doc.

AP
Posted By
Astrid Plekker
Jan 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to save documents with a transparant background (alpha channel)as a 32 bits targa document (.tga). Although this is possible in other photoshop versions it is not in my dutch version of photoshop CS2.
I would like to use this option to make textures for objects in Second Life. When changed a tga file to 32 bits, the background turns white. When I want to save a transparant psd doc, the option to save in .tga disappears all together. I have just downloaded the dutch 9.02 version.
Please HELP !!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
Robert_Barnett
Jan 30, 2007
I am not 100% sure but I think you can. However, Adobe I think changed how you do this. I have never done it so can’t comment any more. It maybe that if you save an image with a transparent background that you get your transparency. I don’t think you have to have the alpha channel now. But, I am not sure. Try the programs help file, it may have the correct information.

Robert

Do not assume that because I didn’t reply to your comments that you are correct or that I am wrong or that I am correct and your are wrong. You can assume that you bore me!
MG
Marc_Grauer
Apr 17, 2007
I am having the same problem saving a Targa file with the background remaining transparent. I am working in CS2 and also PS7.0 on another computer. I am creating several files required for a specialized background border. The targa file may consist of a text layer, a logo or graphic element layer with layer styles. When I turn off the background layer I see all of the elements I want to save on the Targa file and save as a Targa file. However, when I open this file up independently is has a solid white background and not the transparent one I need. Would appreciate any tips or help. Thanks.
B
Bernie
Apr 17, 2007
This thread may answer a few questions

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ef999eb?50@@>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections