Posted By
Dean_Russell
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hola mes amis,

I’m running photoshop 7 on MacOS 9.2 with no problems until recently, and now whenever I click on the type tool in the toolbox, I get an error saying (paraphrased) that the "function couldn’t be performed because photoshop experienced an end-of-file error." It then asks you to click OK, but it keeps popping up, forcing me to FORCE QUIT photoshop. I can make contact sheets and web galleries with no problems, but I’d like to use the cool warping type tools.

My office has me working on an original blueberry iMac (’99- yes a new one would be nice). Last month I reformatted the HD when I started working here, and reinstalled all the software. I have to install photoshop 7 as an upgrade from ps 3 to 5.5 and finally to 7. I threw out the preferences, and reinstalled the ps7 upgrade, but it doesn’t work. I don’t recall installing anything else recently either.

I’m sorry if this has already been addressed previously, but I didn’t see it listed. Thanks for your help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jun 29, 2004
You don’t need to install all those other versions to install PS7 just enter the old serial number then the new serial number.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 29, 2004
It is possible that you have bad fonts on your machine.
How are you managing them?
Can you deactivate all but the minimum and then test the others a few at a time?

Also try this:
Do a search for "AdobeFnt." and delete all the files that you find except for AdobeFnt.db
R
Ram
Jun 29, 2004
Dean,

As Buko said, you don’t need to install ANY prior version of Photoshop. The Upgrade is a FULL installer, it will simply ask you for the old serial number when it doesn’t find an older copy on your disk.

Now: First of all, make sure you have applied the 7.0.1 update (free download from this site) and applied any other update that may apply to you.

Update your OS to 9.2.2.

Trash your preferences file.

An End of File message usually means a corrupted file.
DR
Dean_Russell
Jul 1, 2004
Thanks everyone, I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections