M
Posted By
Madmardigan
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wonder if anybody has had any problems with CS crashing? Not only that but Capture One SE is also crashing.

Can corrupt RAW files cause these apps to crash? Where would the corruption come from? All I’ve done is move a couple of sets of images from my Canon 10D to my computer (via Image Capture and through a Dazzle USB 2.0 CF reader). When I try to open the images I get a black rectangle in the same size and aspect ratio of the original picture. Then, when I attempt to convert to jpg (in the hopes that the image is there somehow),…..CRASH. Another weird thing is that no crash log is being generated in ~/Library/Logs/Crash logs. The file is empty.

I have done all the crons, updated the prebinding, fixed both permissions as well as the disk itself using Disk Utility. Thumbnails look good. I am using Camera Raw 2.2.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GB
g_ballard
Jun 28, 2004
Opening corrupted files can cause problems, so can bad install, bad disks, bad ram, bad cables, bad CPU, bad font, full hard drive, old software…I would try adding key words to my search like crash freeze corruption fix solution…
<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections