JD
Posted By
Juergen_D
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This morning, when I opened the news reader, I had a large group of messages in ‘adobeforums.com’ missing. All posts between 22:39 ET last night and 9:45 ET today were not there. All are showing on my ISP news-server. Has anybody have had a similar experience?

Juergen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JD
Juergen_D
Dec 9, 2003
I am sure the problem is at my end. All posts are present and accounted for on my other machine. However, I have had that to happen before and I am curious how to avoid it.

Thanks,
Juergen
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 9, 2003
Jeurgen,

I haven’t had any similar experience, so can only come up with more questions, rather than answers…

Are you using Outlook Express? That’s the reader I’m using, so if you need to compare anything, I’ll be happy to oblige.

Byron
J
JuergenDirrigl
Dec 9, 2003
Byron,

Thank you. Yes I’m using OE. I have compared with my other machine and everything is in order over there. I have had some messages disappear (not showing) before, not that many, though. I’ve tried synchronizing, but that does not retrieve the missing posts either. (:

Juergen
JD
Juergen_D
Dec 9, 2003
Byron,

Thank you. Yes I’m using OE. I have compared with my other machine and everything is in order over there. I have had some messages disappear (not showing) before, not that many, though. I’ve tried synchronizing, but that does not retrieve the missing posts either. (:

Juergen
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 9, 2003
Juergen,

That’s a real mystery…

My offer stands to help compare things, if you need. Just let me know.

Byron
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 9, 2003
wrote in message…
This morning, when I opened the news reader, I had a large group of
in ‘adobeforums.com’ missing. All posts between 22:39 ET last night and 9:45 ET today were not there. All are showing on my ISP news-server. Has anybody have had a similar experience?

In Oulook Express, go to Tools > Get Next 100 Headers. See if that works.

The number 100 may be different in your software. It is tied in to what you have set in Tools > Options > Read.

Are both computers reading from the same news source?

Ed
JD
Juergen_D
Dec 9, 2003
In Oulook Express, go to Tools > Get Next 100 Headers.

Ed,

Thanks. That did it. I got >Next 300 Headers. All the ‘missing’ messages are now present. Yes, I was reading on the other machine off the same news-server. I’m still wondering what happened, though. I had not changed any settings.

Juergen
J
jhjl1
Dec 9, 2003
Thanks Ed, I was having the same problem and this resolved it for me.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 9, 2003
wrote in message…
In Oulook Express, go to Tools > Get Next 100 Headers.

Ed,

Thanks. That did it. I got >Next 300 Headers. All the ‘missing’
are now present. Yes, I was reading on the other machine off the same news-server. I’m still wondering what happened, though. I had not
changed
any settings.

Juergen

Maybe a maintenance thing?

I have that turned off, and do maintenance when I want.

Does OE crash if you stay connected to adobeforums.com, and are idle for some period?

I always wanted to ask that of somebody.

Ed
JD
Juergen_D
Dec 9, 2003
Does OE crash if you stay connected to adobeforums.com, and are idle for
some period?

Ed,

No, that never happened. And I usually do stay connected for long periods of time.

Juergen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections