JH
Posted By
John Heinz
Jul 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I have been getting an error message in photoshop CS, "no SN found, uninstall and reinstall this program" and then it closes. It is educational version, and I’ve added a number of aftermarket plugins, so annoying to reinstall suite and plugins for some glitch, or does adobe make you do this with educational every year or so to make you buy the more expensive non edu version? I’m not making money with this yet, still learning stuff. Otherwise it’s run fine under XP pro. It’s not pirated, I bought it. Just curious if this has happened to others, is there a way to fix this if it’s a bug in the edu version?
J

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jul 15, 2007

"John Heinz" wrote in message Hi. I have been getting an error message in photoshop CS, "no SN found, uninstall and reinstall this program" and then it closes. It is educational version, and I’ve added a number of aftermarket plugins, so annoying to reinstall suite and plugins for some glitch, or does adobe make you do this with educational every year or so to make you buy the more expensive non edu version? I’m not making money with this yet, still learning stuff. Otherwise it’s run fine under XP pro. It’s not pirated, I bought it. Just curious if this has happened to others, is there a way to fix this if it’s a bug in the edu version?

John,

The edu version should be identical in all aspects except price. The only time I have seen what you describe was following a system hardware upgrade (disks and processor) and the installation environment no longer matched the original. Or you could have something gnawing at your boot section.;(
Do a nasties sweep and check for bad sectors.

TWK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections