Posted By
john_aalvanger
Mar 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Afther trying to work with a jpeg file I get the errro message:

The specified module could nog be found. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Client\4.0.1\VersionCue.dll

Then photoshop shuts down.
I use CS4 with official downloads etc
What should I do.

Thanks for the help John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 23, 2009
Do you use Version Cue? If you don’t know what it is then the answer is no so disable it by going to Edit->Preferences->File Handling and deselect "Enable Version Cue"
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 23, 2009
Zeno thanks for your reaction.
Version cue was already disabled, I do not use it.
I still get the error message and photoshop shuts down.
Do you, or anybody else, have another suggestion to solve this problem? John
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 23, 2009
Check to see in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Client\ if you have a 4.0.0 and/or a 4.0.1 folder. Try copying and renaming the 4.0.0 folder to 4.0.1(backup the original 4.0.1 if you have one)
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 23, 2009
I have both folders, but I can not open them. When I click on it the error message appears en the folder shuts down. Even the window in wich I’m trying to open the folder is closed.
So I can not open, copy or backup them.
Do you have another suggestion? (or another way to approach them) Thanks for your time John
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 23, 2009
Try doing it in safe mode. When you start your computer press and hold F8 and you’ll get a menu from where you can chose Safe Mode.
From what i’ve gathered this is a known bug but i don’t know if they solved it yet
ML
Matthew Laun
Mar 25, 2009
This issue, cause, and solution are documented here:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb408524>

Sincerely,
Matthew
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 26, 2009
Thanks Matthew for the url.
I’ve tried it but I can not open the application data file with a rightclick to get the properties panel. I get a windows error with the same versioncue.ddl is missing message and the folder shuts down.
I’m using xp-pro in stead of vista.
Do you have another suggestion?
Is the problem solved when I totally remove all of the CS4 programs and files and then reinstall everything?
John
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 26, 2009
If you do that don’t forget to de-activate first!
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 26, 2009
Thanks John,
I don’t understand what you mean by de-actived first.
Please be so kind and describe the proces for me.
John
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 26, 2009
First of all I am assuming a fresh installation is the only way to cure the problem. I had thought there were less radical solutions.

However, if you do go ahead with it …

At the end of the installation process you had to "activate" the software. This identifies that installation with that computer. So that you can activate it again after a re-install you need to "de-activate" it by going to the Help menu where you will see the item Deactivate….

Click on that.
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 26, 2009
Thanks John.
I’ve just deleted CS4,after deactivating CS4 and a lot of application files concerning Adobe. Then ran Ccleaner and cleaned my registryfiles. Do you think that I can reinstall CS4 now. Is it save to update? Are the the problems solved by Adobe? I need to use CS4 frequently.
John
ML
Matthew Laun
Mar 26, 2009
John,
It’s not safe to run the patching updaters (such as Adobe Drive and Services 1.0.1) until you’ve fixed the permissions on the NTFS junction. Another way to get to the properties of an item, without using the right-click, is to select the object, then choose Properties from the Organize (Vista) or File (XP) menu.
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 26, 2009
In Xp-pro there is no folder ProgramData. Even with the option discribed it isn’t there.( http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 408524&sliceId=1)
So I can not make the necessary changes in the NTFSjunction. How do I do this in XP? Thanks for the help sofar.
John
ML
Matthew Laun
Mar 27, 2009
I just scanned my XP SP3 system and didn’t find any NTFS junctions. It might be that a permissions settings on a protected system folder (not a Junction) are the issue, and that’s hard to identify without comparing to a known standard system config. I’m meeting with a customer this evening to observe an update failure on his XP system and troubleshoot it. With luck, I’ll learn something that will benefit others with similar problems. More later…

Matt
JA
john_aalvanger
Mar 30, 2009
I just installed CS4 again.
No I did not find any junctions.
I Stopped all the updatingprocesses.
Untill now Photoshop works fluently and that’s important becuase I have to use it every day. It seems that Adobe does not react at all. Not nice for all the loyal clients. But we are depending on their product.
Maybe in the neir future there will be a solution for this problem. Anyway thanks for all the help, could not do without it. Kind regeards
John
RK
Russ_K
Apr 2, 2009
I’m struggling with this same issue as well in XP Media Edition. Anytime I right click on any icon in Explorer, I get the error message, "The specified module could not be found. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Client\4.0.1\VersionCue.DLL" I’ve tried what is above already, all to no avail.

Currently I am uninstalling CS4 so I can at least have the functionality of the rest of my computer back. What can we do here so I might use Photoshop again?

Thanks,

Russ
JA
john_aalvanger
Apr 2, 2009
Hello Russ,
I removed all the adobe items and cleaned my register.
Then I reinstalled CS4 and stopped all the uploads. I did not install VersionCue. Untill now CS4 and photoshop is running normal. I still do not update. I wait untill Adobe delivers a servicepack for this failure. Succes John

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections