S
Posted By
SteveFlowers
Nov 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I apologize if this has been covered, but I can’t find it if it is …

When I run Photoshop CS3 on my laptop I can work on an image for 5 or 10 minutes or so and then it just shuts down! I don’t even get an error message!

On my desktop machine I have no problems at all.

Any suggestions?

The laptop configuration is:

Dell XPS m1530 – Windows Vista SP1

CPU : Core2 Duo 2.6Ghz

Memory 4gb

Hard drive : 180 gb with 124 gb free

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JT
John_T_Smith
Nov 21, 2008
Graphics editing (or video editing or some games) really make a computer work hard

Do you have a system monitor that shows the internal temperature?

I know that over in the Premiere forum there are sometimes discussions of adding extra cooling… easy to do with a desktop case, but even for a laptop there are devices which sit under a laptop with built-in fans to suck the hot air down and out of the laptop and then out the sides of the device
S
SteveFlowers
Nov 21, 2008
Hmmm… thanks for your reply, but I’m not sure I understand. And maybe I wasn’t explaining the situation very clearly. It’s not the entire system that shuts down, but Photoshop that shuts down. Would a high temperature situation cause this?
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 21, 2008
reset your preferences (instructions in the FAQ at the top of the forum topic list).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections