RB
Posted By
Rob_Blaauwbroek
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A couple of weeks ago I bought a new monitor (Sony flat panel) and from that moment on colors are sometimes strange when opening files. Instead of RGB I get PG (purple-green). The monitor has been checked at Sony’s.

I suspect an interaction between Photoshop CS and OS X.

Does OS X load files/preferences from Photoshop without the Photoshop application starting?

Opening a given image in PS is purple-green whereas opening the same image in Illustrator CS is OK.

So – is interaction between monitors and PS a known issue or not?

Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GB
g_ballard
Jun 17, 2004
I would start with loading a new monitor profile and recalibrating…

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#getagoodscreen>
B
Buko
Jun 17, 2004
Or read the FAQs "colors all wrong"
GB
g_ballard
Jun 17, 2004
er,:

Nobody reads the FAQs.

-Chris Cox
P
progress
Jun 17, 2004
thats cos they dont know what theyre asking is an FAQ…perhaps if they were displayed as stickys then people would see them first.
RB
Rob_Blaauwbroek
Jun 17, 2004
thanking you for your warming comments at least ballard got me on a possible track.

not the right track yet because some images are weird still.

seems like the default SDM-S93 profile is corrupt from the start and basing a calibration on that profile isn’t doing any good.

fiddling with profiles is what I will do tomorrow.

rbl
GB
g_ballard
Jun 21, 2004
some images are weird still.

May I suggest you download a known "good file" PDI Target (on my previous link), and test the settings and monitor profile.

After that, you’re probably looking at bad/off legacy files…what else could explain "some images are (still) weird"?
B
Buko
Jun 21, 2004
Also if your original monitor profile is bad you can get a new one from the manufacturers web site or use srgb profile as the starting point.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections