W
Posted By
W._Fritts
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I noticed that when I apply red eye correction to a Photoshop format file with PE the file doubles in size, in this case from 7.4 MB to 14 MB. If I do the same in Photoshop using a red eye action, the file size doesn’t change, stays at 7.4 MB. Why does PE bloat the file so much?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Nov 10, 2003

W.

Firstly, PhotoShop doesn’t have a Redeye option, although the Replace Color tool icon is the same. It is similarly used, but ISN’T the same as Elements Redeye tool.. Also full PhotoShop doesn’t have a Background layer, It starts with Layer 0.When you use the Redeye brush in Elements note your layers and you’ll see that automatically you go from background layer to Layer 0. This all adds to the filesize for storage.

Bob
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 11, 2003
Bob – Full Photoshop 7 does indeed have a Background layer. Acts the same way as PE… But true about Redeye – no tool in PS7.

Chuck
W
W._Fritts
Nov 11, 2003
Photoshop may not have a built-in redeye tool, but there are Actions for removing redeye which work better than the tool in PE. When you use it, it does not increase the file size.
JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 11, 2003
I don’t know where the information came from that Photoshop doesn’t have a background layer. That is certainly a misrepresentation. One of the methods that was taught on the Adobe Expert Center website for removing redeye was to use the elliptical lasso tool to select the area and then use the channel mixer to make adjustments. It works quite well actually. You have my curiosity up, however. I’m going to have to look at actions more closely.
W
W._Fritts
Nov 11, 2003
The action I use can be found here ( It’s now $1.50): <http://www.fredmiranda.com/software/>. There’s a free one here: <http://www.mayhemstudios.com/actions.html>.

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections