IA
Posted By
Irving_Aronowitz
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Won’t recognize PowerShot G2 as an "Import Source".Tried both ways: on the Welcome page as well as going the File > Import route. No improvement with Panther. Can you help me? Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 7, 2003
Irving, I don’t think you want to try to use "Import Source" with images from your G2. You should upload them to your hard drive (either directly from the camera using the Canon-supplied software or via a CF card reader and your Mac software), then File<Open to get them into Elements (one-by-one)

Chuck
IA
Irving_Aronowitz
Nov 7, 2003
Hello Chuck! I appreciate your reponse. I have been using the CF card reader/Mac software to get images into Photoshop. As you note that works well. What troubles me (I should have stated it more accurately) is that I am unable to upload directly from the camera since the Mac doesn’t recognize the camera connection. I know the camera & cable are ok since there is no problem uploading to IPhoto.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 7, 2003
Irving, I had considerable difficulty getting images directly from my camera (G2 also) on a Windows system – TWAIN software just wouldn’t run. I then learned from the folks on this forum that using a card reader was simpler and safer (no risk to the camera from getting knocked off my desk…); I have since lost the cable and won’t be replacing it…

🙂
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 7, 2003
Yes, Irving, this happens all the time on both platforms. I never could get X to see my canon s400. It’s better to use the reader, anyway–safer, less wear and tear on camera and batteries, etc.
PF
Peter_Frailey
Nov 7, 2003
I couldn’t find my Nikon either. Somewhere in the PE directions it indicated that some cameras need to be treated as extra storage disks. So, I need to go to File>Browse (rather than File>Import) to get to an explorer type menu and then click on (for me) the F Drive which is my camera.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections