IK
Posted By
Ingo_Kalk
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to make numerous changes from 16-bit tiff files to 8-bit (levels, contrast, saturation and un-sharpening) in ‘Batch’ mode and ‘Actions’ a error message comes up: ‘The command "levels" is not currently available’. All 95 files show the same error message, and the changes are not being made. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ingo

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2004
Hmmm…, yet the action plays when not in batch?
IK
Ingo_Kalk
Aug 29, 2004
Yes, it works outside of the ‘Batch’ command. This is something that comes up from time to time only. I am very new to the batching process. My old computer could not even handle the batching… Maybe I am having problems following the instructions… I will keep trying.
Ingo
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2004
Well, the Batch dialog isn’t the easiest thing to get your arms around at first, and tere are some quirks about batching, depending on what you’re doing. If you would like to let us know what you want to do, what your action does, overview of the steps, and how your batching, maybe we can help.

Peace,
Tony
RP
Russell_Proulx
Aug 29, 2004
Ingo,

You might try saving your levels adjustment (assuming it’s the same adjustment for the whole set) and load that setting as part of the action routine:

Image -> Adjustments -> Levels
Load (select saved settings file) -> OK

Might be that moving of sliders with the mouse cursor as part of the action routine is what messes things up. Loading a saved setting avoids this.

Russell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections