Error with Actions and Batching because Photoshop cannot recognize the file extension. (-25600)

MB
Posted By
monique_boseley
Sep 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am trying to set up a series of actions to automate pain staking tasks. They are relatively simple BUT every time it comes up with an error reading:

Could not complete your request because Photoshop cannot recognize the file extension. (-25600)

What I am trying to do is Open a PSD file, Flatten image, Convert to 8 bit, Save As Tiff.

very simple but it doesn’t like it at all.

Please can anyone help me as to why this error comes up.

The other problem that I quite often have which is even more annoying, is that it goes through the whole process of flattening, converting to 8 bit and saving As. But when you open the converted files they are still not flattened, nor converted to 8 bit and still as PSD file. So basically NOTHING has worked.

It is driving me crazy as I thought this was to cut out long winded tasks. It takes me hours longer !!!

PLEASE HELP !!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Sep 4, 2006
Do all your PSD files have the three-letter ".psd" as part of their file name?

Are you adding the ".tif" extension to the converted files?

Make sure you don’t have more than one dot (period) in the file names. The only dot allowed is the one immediately preceding the three letter file extension.

Tell us if any of this helps.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections