RJ
Posted By
RD_Johnson
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In photoshop 6 with OS 9, I had no problem opening files in numerical order eg: 001, 002, 003, 004. Now using OS 10.3.3 and Photoshop CS they open in any order eg: 002, 005, 001, 003. I have to open in order for my work flow. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
macrat
May 20, 2004
It’s an OSX thing; Photoshop (and Acrobat to my annoyance) just recieve the files that the OS hands them, and OSX has no ‘order’ like OS9 did. I would suggest giving Apple a peice of your mind at:

<http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/>

I have several times since 10.2 came out, and they still haven’t fixed it.
JL
jann_lipka
May 20, 2004
I must agree with macrat ,
as OSX "advanced" alphabetical order gives me hardtimes too …
GP
Graham_Phillips
May 20, 2004
Preview on Mac OS X 10.3.3 opens files in alphabetical order, but TextEdit does not.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 21, 2004
That happens on all OSes — the visual order and the real order are not the same thing. And the OS hands us files in the physical storage order (usually).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections