RD
Posted By
Robert_Dawkins
Aug 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed PS CS3 Extended and tried to open a Google KMZ file and received the following error: "Could not complete your request because the file format module cannot parse the file" I also tried creating a new document and insert a new layer from 3D file and received this error:
"could not complete the new layer from 3d file command because of program error" My system is an HP Mobile Workstation w/Intel Centrino Dou proc., Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M running in Windows XP Professional

Any suggestions!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RT
Richard_Totik
Aug 31, 2008
See help:
KMZ file format support in Photoshop CS3 Extended
Photoshop CS3 Extended supports the ability to import .kmz files created from Google Earth 4 or exported from Sketch-up in the Google Earth 4 format. Photoshop CS3 Extended cannot open Google Earth files. If you have a Google Earth file, you can convert it to a Google Earth 4 format with the free version of Sketch-up.
RD
Robert_Dawkins
Sep 2, 2008
I have Google Earth pro ver. 4.3 along with Sketch up Pro ver. 6.4 You’re correct, I can open KMZ files exported from Sketch up which works fine. But it will not open a KMZ file created from Google Earth.
Hey Richard, when you get a chance, please upload a simple cube or object from Sketch up to GE . Then right click the “model” under the “Temporary Places” folder in the sidebar. Chose “save place as” then KMZ. Now see if you can open it from PS. Please let me know. Thanks, Pat

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections