RC
Posted By
Ray_Carter
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoelements-1, and a Mac with OS 9.1.

I noticed that in Elements there is a File > Automate > Batch, whereby you can resize a batch of photos.

There doesnÕt seem to be any ÒSave for WebÓ batch commands. Does this feature come with Elements-2, or any other App, shareware or commercial?

The reason that I ask is because I have an Apex DVD Player that allows me to view jpegs on my TV screen, once theyÕre burned onto a CD.

I take my pictures with a Kodak CX6330 digital camera. Even with the Pixel Dimensions of the pictures resized in Elements to 640 x 480 with Resolution at 72 dpi, the DVD Player has trouble displaying ALL the pictures. It displays every ÒotherÓ picture, i.e., picture 1, then 3, then 5. My assumption is that the ÒmemoryÓ or software of the App the DVD Player uses isnÕt configured to recognize large memory-sized pictures.

My successful work-around to solve the problem is to use the ÒSave For WebÓ command, using the (JPEG, Optimized, High, Quality 60) settings. This apparently compresses the file size, but doesnÕt sacrifice any of the quality when previewed on my DVD Player. All the pictures then preview fine and quickly on my DVD Player.

The problem is when I have 30, 40 or more individual pictures that need this ÒSave For WebÓ process done, itÕs very time consuming. If there was a ÒSave For WebÓ feature, I could specify my settings, drop all my pictures into a folder, use the ÒbatchÓ command and then let Elements do its job. Does anyone know of any other App, shareware or commercial that might perform this task?

Thanks
Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 28, 2003
Hi Ray, I have a Mac also with OS 9.2.2. I have PSE version 2, and I don’t think that it has a Save for Web batch feature either.
I have to do my pictures one by one.
But there are some experts here who might have some sort of work-around for this. If so, I will be interested in using it too.
Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 28, 2003
Ray

I am not sure about Elements one but Elements 2 in batch it allows you to choose what format you want to save you work. It offers you 4 levels if JPG compression so this would work for you. But if that is all you want to do and you have Windows then IrfanView will do this and the program is free.

g
N
nuttin
Oct 28, 2003
Irfanview does batch conversion.
Here’s what the help section says:
Batch Conversion:
Select the Output Format at bottom left. This works just like Save and Save As. The Options button lets you choose various operations to perform, also just like their Save and Save As versions.

Use the Advanced Options button to apply many special operations to the images during conversion. These options are much like their versions on the Image menu. The options are:

Crop, Resize, Insert text, Change color depth, Horizontal flip, Vertical flip, Rotate left,

Rotate right, Convert to greyscale, Negative, Sharpen, Gamma Correction, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation and Color Balance.

wrote in message
I have Photoelements-1, and a Mac with OS 9.1.

I noticed that in Elements there is a File > Automate > Batch, whereby you
can resize a batch of photos.
There doesn
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 28, 2003
Sorry Ray over looked that you were using a Mac. The good news is that Elements 2 should work exactly the same for a Mac as a PC and it will do what you want.

g.

wrote in message
news:
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 28, 2003
For the Mac, check out GraphicConverter. It’s not free, but it’s an inexpensive shareware program that’s really good.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections