MM
Posted By
Merrill_Mack
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I drag the layers palette out of the well I can’t get it to stay on the screen. As soon as I go to another tool it goes back into the well.
Same thing with opening it from the "Window" menu. How do I get it to stay open all the time?

Merrill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Pete_D
Oct 20, 2003
Merrill,

Trying to get my layers palette to go back in the well, …. the only way it does that for me is when I do not "drag" it out of the well. Clicking on it opens it but then like you say if you click another tool it collapses back into the well.

But if you click on the folder tab that says "layers" (or whatever palette you choose), then "drag" it down near the bottom of your screen it will stay there even after going to any tool or other operation.

If you want it to remain there for your next session with PSE go to edit/preferences/general and make sure the "save palette locations" is checked.

Pete
MM
Merrill_Mack
Oct 20, 2003
Pete:

That worked. Thanks a lot.

Merrill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections