NM
Posted By
Nina_MacLren
Aug 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I do either cmd+v or cmd+j and place the selection onto another layer, it never lays directly above the original image. It shifts a little. Anyone know how I can fix this? thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CB
charles_badland
Aug 5, 2004
Nina,
The only way I can reproduce this (I’m using PhotoShop CS) is to select part of an image, copy, then DESELECT, then paste. If I just select then go cmd+j, or cmd+c and cmd+v, the selection is pasted in a layer directly above the original image. Now, sometimes you can get an illusion of a very slight shift when you copy+paste a selection, but if you zoom-in to 100% or 200% you will see that that it is not real.
cb
J
jonf
Aug 5, 2004
I’ve had that problem, too, though it’s not consistent and I never bothered to figure out what I’m doing differently that makes it occasionally do that. Sometimes it’s as charles says, because I deselected before pasting, but sometimes it just seems obstinant.

My workaround is to duplicate the layer, select inverse, and delete.
NM
Nina_MacLren
Aug 6, 2004
thanks guys. Nina

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections