CJ
Posted By
Charles_J._Goulet
Sep 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running MacBook Pro, PSCS2 the try out right now. In the layer palette on my Win PSCS2 there are 3 columns, the one with the eyes, the one with the "active brush" and the icon column. On my Mac there is no column that would indicate the active brush. Makes history brush useless for example because you cannot click the little box. Is this an OSX version problem or is it a limitation of the tryout? Or is it simply left out on the Mac version

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
You click the box next to a snapshot at the top of the History palette, and that’s how you point the history brush to the snapshot.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 20, 2006
Are you sure the version on your PC is CS2? The interfaces are pretty much the same cross platform.
CJ
Charles_J._Goulet
Sep 22, 2006
Ed, I’m quite sure it’s CS2 Version 9.0. That is what the bootup about box says. I have since purchased upgrade and the problem still exists.
R
Ram
Sep 22, 2006
Here’s what I wrote Charles J. Goulet in response to an email I received from him:

Your screenshot is perfectly normal, Charles. You are seriously confused.

That’s not where you click to invoke the history brush. There is no such thing as a "snapshot" in the layers palette.

You need to go to the History Palette (not layers palette) and make a snapshot of your target by clicking the camera icon at the bottom of the History palette. That will create a snapshot titled “Snapshot 1” at the top of the history palette. And you click the box to the left of the Snapshot thumbnail to point the History Brush to it.

It has NEVER been on the layers palette.

It’s exactly the same in Windoze boxes too.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1tAgzrUfRWV1l3prvi 0M7jpi42aDe> &#65532;
Incidentally, I’ll post this in the forum too. We discourage on-topic emails; off topic emails are fine. See boilerplate text below:

Please come back to the forum to look for replies.

Email responses would defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everybody to benefit from all questions and answers, not just the original poster.

Hope this helps.

On/el/am 9/21/06 21:57, Charles Goulet at/desde/aus
wrote/escribió/schrieb:

Ramon,

This is re my question on not having the necessary columns in my layer palette. I cannot click the box next to the snapshot as it is not there. I purchased a full upgrade of CS2 and I still have the same thing. I did a screen save and it is below. Do you have any other suggestions or should I directly approach Adobe. I know what it looks like on my WinXP machines and this doesn’t cut it.

Thanks, Charles Goulet

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1x8HsHkMl1e0UMeCEQ zGSzfdnfcKG>
R
Ram
Sep 27, 2006
Charles,

I fired up an old version of Photoshop, 5.0.x for Mac, and saw that the layers palette did have a box for the active tool.

I did not remember that. I don’t know when that changed, but recent versions of Photoshop do not have it, Macintosh or Windows.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 27, 2006
Ramon,

The brush icon was there up until (but not including) CS2, because that’s where the link went. Aside from that, all it indicated was that that was the active layer for working. Nothing to do with History.

You were right; Charles was confused.
R
Ram
Sep 27, 2006
all it indicated was that that was the active layer for working. Nothing to do with History.

That’s perfectly clear, Ed.

I was trying to figure out why he was confused.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections