B
Posted By
buz
Aug 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
why does it sometimes not have a preview? nor the hand icon for moving around the zoomed image?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 10, 2003
Buz, seems strange to me. When I open a new image, it becomes the active image and replaces the contents of the Navigator.

Only one thing strikes me: what do you mean by ‘open a new image from the clipboard’? Is that a Mac thing?

Chuck
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 10, 2003
You know what, buz? I didn’t understand this question yesterday (so I didn’t respond) and I don’t understand it today, either! Have you tried resetting the Preferences yet? What’s a Navigation Palette? Duh. I guess I’m having "one of those days." 🙂

And my computer is being bizarre today, too. When I got ready to fix something that was broke, it weren’t broke no more! I think I’ll go back to playing with contact paper. Good luck!
B
buz
Aug 10, 2003
Chuck – yes I suppose it is a Mac thing – option clicking an image will give you an option of saving the image to the system ‘clipboard’ (same as the copy/paste routine), then in PSE File>New From Clipboard opens a new image.

Beth – the palette I am referring to is from the tool bar – there are the palettes for layers, layer styles, how to, recipes, effects, swatches, NAVIGATOR ….. <g>. I suppose it’s just a zooming palette actually, very handy for zooming and panning an image.

What is ‘resetting prefs’?

For some reason the current (top) file/image doesn’t always (immediately) appear in this Nav palette.
KW
Kyle White
Aug 10, 2003
Hi Buz,

Just tried it myself, and yup the original image stayed in the Navigator palette, until I selected the original image (made it active) then re-selected the new image. Then the new image showed properly in the Nav palette.

It looks like the new image doesn’t get sent to the Navigator when you create a "New from Clipboard". May be something to keep in mind as other areas may be affected as well.

Thou hast found a "bug"!

Chuck,
My Mac version of PE2 has a "New from Clipboard" option in the "File" menu. Nice to have when you want to extract an image, or part thereof, from another program. You have to be careful though, sometimes the resolution isn’t particularly high.

Kyle
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 10, 2003
Buz and Kyle, thanks for the enlightenment on the Mac options Open from and New from Clipboard. Alas, they don’t exist in the Windows world…

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Aug 10, 2003
Chuck,

I’m using PE2 on a PC, and I DO have "New From Clipboard", but it is only available when there is something ON the clipboard… otherwise, it is grayed-out.

No sight of "Open from", though.

Byron
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 10, 2003
Byron, thanks! Of course you’re right….I just never noticed it before. So I guess if I put a picture on the clipboard I can open it with Elements – will have to give that a try. Thanks very much for pointing it out.

Chuck
B
buz
Aug 11, 2003
<G> Wish I knew how to ‘fix’ my problem <G>
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Aug 11, 2003
Chuck,
Another way to get web image into Elements is to open up image in Internet Explorer (in my case) and have Elements open, in tile view, then drag web file into the Elements.
Ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections