BH
Posted By
Beth_Haney
Oct 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Someone on another forum asked if there was a way to customize the amount of increase when using the Zoom tool or Command +.

I did a short experiment and found that when I had a small – 2X2, 72ppi – gif open, either method did make it jump in 100% increments. But, when I opened a larger PSD – 6X10, 300ppi – the increments were much smaller, going from 16 2/3% to 25%, etc.

Is there a way to adjust this? I haven’t found one but there are people on this forum who know about all kinds of little settings I’ve never heard of!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Jim_Hess
Oct 10, 2003
If you don’t have the Navigator visible in your palette well, click on the Window menu and click on the Navigator. When that window opens you will have a slider that you can control the amount of zoom. Or, alternatively, you can actually double-click on the number in the percentage field and type in an actual percentage. If you don’t change any of the options on the Navigator, when you close it, it will place in itself in the palette well so that you can use it again next time. An additional feature in the Navigator is that, when you are zoomed in so that you cannot see the full picture on your screen, you can click on the little picture in the Navigator and it will move your view to that portion of the picture.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 10, 2003
Thank you, Jim, that’s cool! It hadn’t ever been a problem for me, but it’s good to know about it. Of course I’ll probably forget by the time I need it. 🙁
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 10, 2003
Thanks, Jim, I had been wondering about how to do this correctly and easily. Jane
JH
Jim_Hess
Oct 11, 2003
Glad to help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections