RF
Posted By
Richard_FIscher
Jul 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to know if there is a way in Photoshop when I zoom in on a section of a digital photo, if I can enhance the clarity to be able to distinguish more detail features.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 13, 2007
You need the CSI version.

Normal versions of Photoshop are not able to invent information. They can interpolate pixels, but this will not let you see what is not there in the original.
P
PeterK.
Jul 13, 2007
Just to be clear, there is no real "CSI" version (as in the tv show). Every time you see people "zoom in and enhance" and magically reveal that the killer matches the description, right down to the mole on their cheek, it’s all Hollywood nonsense. 🙂 If the pixels haven’t been captured in the original shot, they will not magically appear out of nowhere, as if there were yet more pixels hiding between the pixels all along.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe one needs to revisit the Adobe store:
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 13, 2007
Big 🙂 @ Jim
P
PeterK.
Jul 13, 2007
Hah! Very funny!
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 13, 2007
🙂 @ jim!
JH
John Heinz
Jul 15, 2007
Hi. Clarity is limited to the resolution of the original image. As you zoom you increase the apparent size of he pixels. For higher clarity when zooming you must start with a high resolution/large file image. There really isn’t any way around that, as far as I know.
J
wrote in message
I need to know if there is a way in Photoshop when I zoom in on a section of a digital photo, if I can enhance the clarity to be able to distinguish more detail features.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections