Odd CS4 rendering while zooming, anyone seen this?

PS
Posted By
Phil_Scarsbrook
Oct 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
Just installed the CS4 Design Suite Premium and everything is swell so far with the exception of strange behavior while zooming. Whether I use my wheel mouse (logitech Revolution) or Cntrl/+- to zoom, the zooming is jumpy and all of the icons on my desktop flicker on and off. It makes no difference whether I have open GL turned on or off. I updated both the graphics card and the mouse with the latest drivers this morning and that did not help. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or had any suggestions. Thanks for any replies.
System info:

System Manufacturer alienware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2666 Mhz NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
X86-based PC
4 GB Ram
Drive C: Size 465.76 GB (500,105,216,000 bytes)
Drive D: Size 465.76 GB (500,106,280,960 bytes)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RP
Robert_Pender
Oct 22, 2008
I had similar effects. The worst was when I had a selection made and used a dropdown menu. The screen went mad. I decided to disable Windows Blinds and the problem went away
M
Mylenium
Oct 22, 2008
Are you using dual screens by any chance? If configured to be treated as independent displays in NVidia Desktop manager, they have separate refresh cycles or the secondary display may not share acceleration functions, which can have a number of funny side effects. short of that – disabling visual fancies is always a good idea on systems that are meant for work, so yes, check for any themes you may be using and even turn off Windows own features for drop shadows or showing window content while dragging…

Mylenium
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks Guys,
Don’t use Windows Blinds and all bells and whistles turned off (classic mode). Main monitor is a LaCie 21" Flat Panel, but second monitor is an old piece of Samsung. Resolutions are different, but refresh rates are the same. Will look more closely at my monitor settings. Thanks again. phil
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Oct 22, 2008
Well,just turned off second monitor in the NVidia Desktop manager and the problem persists even using a single monitor. Sigh…
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Oct 22, 2008
Plot thickens. Does the same on my Dell laptop (which doesn’t support open GL.
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Oct 22, 2008
Problem solved…I think. Went to desktop/properties/themes and chose a canned theme from the list (Desktop=alienware, laptop=windows XP). Now all weirdness seems to be gone. Thank you Robert and Mylenium for pointing me in the right direction!

Now if I can just get used to closing a file by clicking to the left side rather than the upper right corner.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections