J
Posted By
JAT
Jan 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Adobe PhotoShop V.5 and I’m having a problem. I have a CD which contains images in the JPEG format. When I insert this CD in my drive and select open in PhotoShop it fails to find any images, even though all the said images were cropped, colour corrected etc. in PhotoShop and saved to the CD. I have noticed today that if instead of choosing ‘open’ I choose ‘open as’ PhotoShop finds all the images. Can anyone explain what the problem is with the ‘open’ command, and how to correct it? I’ve already tried re-installing PhotoShop but it has made no difference. Many thanks for any advice.

Alex

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M2
Michael 23
Jan 11, 2005
could it have anything to do with file extensions?
(pc or cd set to ‘show’ or not, or perhaps the filename was xxyyzz.jpg and you saved it as aabbcc without the ‘.jpg’ at the end ?)

sounds to me like photoshop is not recognizing the file type as one it can understand, which would most likely have to do with the filename extension.

Michael Evangelista
Southern Utah Web Design
www.suwebs.com

"JAT" wrote in message
I’m using Adobe PhotoShop V.5 and I’m having a problem. I have a CD which contains images in the JPEG format. When I insert this CD in my drive and select open in PhotoShop it fails to find any images, even though all the said images were cropped, colour corrected etc. in PhotoShop and saved to the CD. I have noticed today that if instead of choosing ‘open’ I choose ‘open as’ PhotoShop finds all the images. Can anyone explain what the problem is with the ‘open’ command, and how to correct it? I’ve already tried re-installing PhotoShop but it has made no difference. Many thanks for
any advice.

Alex

J
JAT
Jan 11, 2005
I thought of that Michael so I checked them all and they are all .jpg. As I said they were already opened and worked on in PhotoShop and then saved. What I can’t understand is that PhotoShop sees them when I select ‘Open As’ but not when I select ‘Open’.

Alex

"Michael 23" wrote in message
could it have anything to do with file extensions?
(pc or cd set to ‘show’ or not, or perhaps the filename was xxyyzz.jpg and you saved it as aabbcc without the ‘.jpg’ at the end ?)

sounds to me like photoshop is not recognizing the file type as one it can understand, which would most likely have to do with the filename
extension.

Michael Evangelista
Southern Utah Web Design
www.suwebs.com

"JAT" wrote in message
I’m using Adobe PhotoShop V.5 and I’m having a problem. I have a CD
which
contains images in the JPEG format. When I insert this CD in my drive
and
select open in PhotoShop it fails to find any images, even though all
the
said images were cropped, colour corrected etc. in PhotoShop and saved
to
the CD. I have noticed today that if instead of choosing ‘open’ I choose ‘open as’ PhotoShop finds all the images. Can anyone explain what the problem is with the ‘open’ command, and how to correct it? I’ve already tried re-installing PhotoShop but it has made no difference. Many thanks for
any advice.

Alex

R
RSD99
Jan 11, 2005
Hint:
In the ‘File/Open …’ drop down menu … check the entry in the dialog box for ‘Files of Type’ and make sure that it is set to "All Formats" … or "JPEG" … or something like that.

"JAT" wrote in message
I thought of that Michael so I checked them all and they are all .jpg. As
I
said they were already opened and worked on in PhotoShop and then saved. What I can’t understand is that PhotoShop sees them when I select ‘Open
As’
but not when I select ‘Open’.

Alex

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections