SB
Posted By
Sheila_Burnham
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Most, not all, PS 7.0.1 files print out as hieroglyphics over several pages when printing to different models of HP printers. Same problem in Quark and Illustrator. In Quark I solved the problem by adjusting a print option of file type to be ASCII instead of binary. Is there somewhere in Photoshop I can make the same adjustment.

I’m running Mac OS 10.3.3.

Sheila

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Apr 28, 2004
Should have got an epson B)
R
Ram
Apr 28, 2004
Sheila,

You should be able to find that ASCII setting in one of the print dialog boxes. I’m not at the Mac now and I don’t go near HP products, so I can’t tell you where off the top of my head, but you should be able to find it when you go to print. Yes, it’s there and it will solve that particular HP issue.
TO
Thomas_Orona
Apr 28, 2004
I have had the same problem with our HP printers. Here is a link that their support sent me

< http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?dlc=en&am p;lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00028613&amp >;

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections