MB
Posted By
margaret_brock
Oct 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to turn a photo into a crossstitch/needlepoint grid pattern. I have been able to save the image with only 8 colors (the standard number for a simple needlepoint) and I could draw a grid, but some of the squares aren’t well defined.

If anyone can point me to a tutorial I’d appreciate it.

I know there are apps that can do it, but then I wouldn’t have the fun of doing it myself 🙂

Margaret

Mac btw

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 8, 2003
I’s suggest getting PCStich v6. You can import a photo as well as limit the number of colors your design uses. The cost is roughly $50 US – check the website www.pcstitch.com

JoAnn – also a needleworker 🙂

wrote in message
Does anyone know how to turn a photo into a crossstitch/needlepoint grid
pattern. I have been able to save the image with only 8 colors (the standard number for a simple needlepoint) and I could draw a grid, but some of the squares aren’t well defined.
If anyone can point me to a tutorial I’d appreciate it.

I know there are apps that can do it, but then I wouldn’t have the fun of
doing it myself 🙂
Margaret

Mac btw
EM
Elena Murphy
Oct 8, 2003
Try the Texture: Patchwork filter under the filter menu. If you already have it down to your 8 colors, that might do the trick.
MB
margaret_brock
Oct 8, 2003
Thanks Elena, that pretty much takes care of it. I’ll have to smooth out some edges before I go to the last step, but it does a pretty good job of doing what I want.

Sorry JoAnn, I use a Mac so PC Stitch won’t work for me – that and I’ve over spent this summer – can’t afford any more software LOL

Margaret
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 8, 2003
Well, you could send it to me, I can import it into PCStitch and send the resulting file back to you in a .pdf file. I wouldn’t want to make a practice of it but……………

wrote in message
Thanks Elena, that pretty much takes care of it. I’ll have to smooth out
some edges before I go to the last step, but it does a pretty good job of doing what I want.
Sorry JoAnn, I use a Mac so PC Stitch won’t work for me – that and I’ve
over spent this summer – can’t afford any more software LOL
Margaret
MB
margaret_brock
Oct 8, 2003
Thanks for the offer JoAnn, but I don’t really want the chart as much as I want to figure out how to do it in PhotoShop or Elements. I know it can be done and I just want to learn how.

Thanks anyway, Margaret
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 8, 2003
okie dokie – figured I’d offer. 🙂

wrote in message
Thanks for the offer JoAnn, but I don’t really want the chart as much as I
want to figure out how to do it in PhotoShop or Elements. I know it can be done and I just want to learn how.
Thanks anyway, Margaret

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections