Z
Posted By
Zal
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m preparing digital images for making Slides.
As soon as I "Save As", the "JPEG Options" shows up. I guess, I don’t need the file to be compressed ?
The file becomes small, from ~3MB to ~80KB.
Aren’t Slides need the original file size ?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
JJS
Feb 24, 2004
"Zal" wrote in message
As soon as I "Save As", the "JPEG Options" shows up. I guess, I don’t need the file to be compressed ?

Select 100 percent, or MAXIMUM and you should be okay.
If you are using Automate (droplet or batch) just create an action and answer all the questions, then use the action.
EG
Eric Gill
Feb 24, 2004
"Zal" wrote in news:g3J_b.10520$Mo4.323075
@news20.bellglobal.com:

I guess, you don’t need to be saving in JPEG format, which, is, like, compressed.

Thanks!

T
tacitr
Feb 24, 2004

All JPEG files are compressed.

What’s more, JPEG uses "lossy" compression. That means the image quality is degraded in order to make the file smaller.

JPEG is only suitable for situations like the Web, wqhere file size is important and image quality doesn’t matter.

If you don’t want to compress and degrade your images, do not use JPEG.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
J
JJS
Feb 24, 2004
"Tacit" wrote in message

[…]
If you don’t want to compress and degrade your images, do not use JPEG.

True, but I think we should stop reminding these people, then look back a few years from now at the wasteland of compressed images lost to time. It’s evolution, Tacit! Let it happen!
XT
xalinai_Two
Feb 25, 2004
On 24 Feb 2004 20:27:19 GMT, (Tacit) wrote:

What’s more, JPEG uses "lossy" compression. That means the image quality is degraded in order to make the file smaller.

JPEG is only suitable for situations like the Web, wqhere file size is important and image quality doesn’t matter.

Would you accept: All cases where the image size is so big you don’t care for 8 pixel square artifacts? Like images 6000×4000 pixels or bigger.

Michael

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections