BD
Posted By
Bernie_Dorin
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have scanned a form into PSE 2.0, my objective being to enter text in it. When I type on the form, it turns pink and the typed data appears white. When I click outside of the form to get it back to black and white, the typing disappears. I have scanned in using psd and tif formats. I’m on a Mac G4, running OS 10.3.4. Anyone have any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 9, 2004
Either your image is in Indexed color, or you are using Type Mask Tool rather than Type Tool.

Mac
BD
Bernie_Dorin
Aug 9, 2004
Thanks Mac; I am using the Type Tool, so perhaps the image is in Indexed color. One problem: What is indexed color?

Bernie
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 9, 2004
Bernie, Go to image>mode and be sure that ‘RGB’ is checked.

here is a good link that gives you an idea on color modes and what they do or are used for;

<http://www.users.muohio.edu/gallmt/page10.htm>
MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 10, 2004
Indexed is 256 max colors, among other limitations.
Full RGB has 16 million possibilities.
Once you go to index, you don’t get any colors back converting to RGB though, but RGB mode is still necessary for many editing functions.

Oh, you know what…you meantion scanned form…you might even be in bitmap mode, only TWO "colors", black and white?

Mac
BD
Bernie_Dorin
Aug 10, 2004
Jodt & Mac:

Thanks to both of you for your advice and patience. I was in bitmap mode. When I switched to Grayscale or RGB, I was able to try to type on my form and it remaind black and white. I say tried to type because no typing was displayed. Any thoughts about this?

Bernie
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 10, 2004
first things first, after clicking the type tool go to toolbar just above your screen and look for ‘reset tool’. Click on that. After you get that out of the way, be sure your type layer is above your image and that you aren’t typing in the same color as your image. Come back if that doesn’t work…..we always have other ways.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 10, 2004
Jodi,

I did that just the other night … AND spent ages trying to work out what was wrong.

Wendy
BD
Bernie_Dorin
Aug 12, 2004
Jodi: Your suggesions worked! Thank you.

Bernie
JG
John_G._Locke
Aug 14, 2004
Hey, I joined moments ago for help on just this problem. The comments from all of you were immediately helpful. I had opened a previously made B&W *.gif file; after I read your remarks, I put it in gray scale mode. That worked! Thanks. John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections