KK
Posted By
Kate_Knapp
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just moved from windows to mac and have upgraded to photoshop CS. I wish to scan an image and there is no TWAIN option in the File/Import menu. Does anyone know how I link my scanner to photoshop?
Many thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 20, 2004
Depends on the scanner. Did your scanner come with a plugin or some software for Mac?
NP
Navarro_Parker
Apr 20, 2004
I stopped scanning within Photoshop years ago. The TWAIN headaches were annoying. Just use the native application that came with your scanner and open that file in Photoshop.

If it didn’t come with a scanning application (or even if it did), the scanner should show up in Mac OS X’s Image Capture application. You can scan from there too.
B
Buko
Apr 20, 2004
I use Vuescan with my scanner.

I also stopped scanning from inside photoshop. I find this a much better use of my time as I can work in photoshop while I’m scanning.
L
LRK
Apr 20, 2004
Kate:

You might check your the Web site of your scanner manufacturer. They may have an updated driver you can download.
KK
Kate_Knapp
Apr 20, 2004
Many thanks for all the help!
I loaded the software updated drivers and the scanner is available on all the applications.
BC
Bill Cusick
Apr 21, 2004
wrote in message
Many thanks for all the help!
I loaded the software updated drivers and the scanner is available on all
the applications.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections