T
Posted By
Tic
Jun 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just scanned some documents and I wish to make all empty space (unwritten) on scanned papers to be completely white. The problem is that my scanner is not the very best one, so I can see some small grey surface on my scanned documents, even in fact that surface should be completely white, because there is not text there

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tacit
Jun 10, 2006
In article <e6esko$b6s$>, "Tic" wrote:

I’ve just scanned some documents and I wish to make all empty space (unwritten) on scanned papers to be completely white. The problem is that my scanner is not the very best one, so I can see some small grey surface on my scanned documents, even in fact that surface should be completely white, because there is not text there

Image->Adjust->Levels. Takes about three seconds. 🙂

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
N
noone
Jun 11, 2006
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:10:38 GMT, tacit wrote:

In article <e6esko$b6s$>, "Tic" wrote:

Image->Adjust->Levels. Takes about three seconds. 🙂

I would just add to that a couple of points: 1 — in Levels, I would click on the Highlights eyedropper and then click on the grey areas that should be white; and 2 — when scanning documents that have text on both sides, the scanner can see through the paper and capture some of the text on the other side, causing the "unwritten empty space" on the scanned side to look greyish. One solution is to use a piece of black paper between the document and the lid.
P
PiT
Jun 11, 2006
if possible, adjust level in scan dialogue

PiT
G
gemron
Jun 17, 2006
If all else fails– use the eraser tool to erase any blemishes. Might take a little time, but gives you great control- just save incrementally so you are comfortable that if you make a mistake you won’t have to start over .

"Tic" wrote in message
I’ve just scanned some documents and I wish to make all empty space (unwritten) on scanned papers to be completely white. The problem is that
my
scanner is not the very best one, so I can see some small grey surface on
my
scanned documents, even in fact that surface should be completely white, because there is not text there

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections