Posted By
AndreLTR
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I scan images often and would like to set a threshold that would convert the pixels below the threshold to white (0) automatically in an image. Is this possible? Do I need a filter or need to develop a script?

Thanks,

André Luiz

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 20, 2009
AndreLTR found these unused words:

Hello,

I scan images often and would like to set a threshold that would convert the pixels below the threshold to white (0) automatically in an image. Is this possible? Do I need a filter or need to develop a script?

Thanks,

André Luiz

Normally pixels -=above=- a ‘threshold’ would be converted to white. White being 255,255,255 and black being 0,0,0,

You didn’t say if you were dealing with B&W, greyscale or ???

Most good scanners have mode in which they will scan, one being similar to PS’s threshold, often called ‘line art’.
A
AndreLTR
Jan 21, 2009
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. From your words I suppose I´ll have to scan again the images, correct, and I would not like this because there are far too many of them. I´d like to do it automatically in Photoshop instead is possible.

Sincerely,

André Luiz

On Jan 20, 2:21 pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Hello,

I scan images often and would like to set a threshold that would convert the pixels below the threshold to white (0) automatically in an image.  Is this possible?  Do I need a filter or need to develop a script?

Thanks,

André Luiz

Normally pixels -=above=- a ‘threshold’ would be converted to white. White being 255,255,255 and black being 0,0,0,

Most good scanners have mode in which they will scan, one being similar to PS’s threshold, often called ‘line art’.
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 21, 2009
Asyou failed to note you -=had scanned=- the images, my answer based on "I scan".

Use Adjustments => Threshold

Play with the setting until satisfied.

DON’T SAVE that image.

Re-open, start script [Action] and record applying the threshold – PS will retain the last setting.

SAVE AS and then STOP

Batch the rest.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. From your words I suppose I´ll have to scan again the images, correct, and I would not like this because there are far too many of them. I´d like to do it automatically in Photoshop instead is possible.

Sincerely,

André Luiz

On Jan 20, 2:21 pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Hello,

I scan images often and would like to set a threshold that would convert the pixels below the threshold to white (0) automatically in an image.  Is this possible?  Do I need a filter or need to develop a script?

Thanks,

André Luiz

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections