C
Posted By
chris9
Aug 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using the Distort>Spherize filter at -100% to change a Nikon 10.5 DX full frame fisheye image into an image shaped like the shape below on a white background with the corners of the image pinched and pulled to straighten out the middle of the photo:

x x
x x
xx xx
xxx xxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxx xxx
xx xx
x x
x x

then I would crop out all but the center and end up with

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

BUT…. now when i try it, it doesn’t work. the filter is applied but it remains a rectangular image. it only seems to affect middle of the photo. it makes the center of the photo look worse. it no longer pulls out on the corners to straighten out the middle. I have tried positive and negative, have tried selecting the image and changing the canvas size. But I can’t get it to work like I used to. it was so easy and worked so great. I can not use the Nikon Capture software because I am using a S2 Pro. And I have tried all the other software available but loved this solution with Disort>Spherize to the negative.

I sure hope someone knows what it is that I am missing. what a "head scratcher."

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chris9
Aug 12, 2004
for some reason my attempt at "drawing" with Xs and the space bar and return key didn’t work after submitting my question above to this forum.

when you look at the large "image" above made with Xs, realize that you are only seeing the left hand side of it.

it is supposed to look roughly like a big X with the photo in the thick middle of the X and the corners of the photo stretched out.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections