P
Posted By
pentimento
Aug 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working with a file that I had a clipping path made for and the background converted to white. I am trying to apply filters and layers to the entire image (including the background). I have now deleted the clipping path and flattened the image, however when I apply smart filters, only the item that was selected previously by the clipping path is filtered. The background is white, not transparent. I have tried converting to psd, jpg, changing the mode to adobe, etc. It is in rgb mode. Tried adding a white layer behind and merging. Nothing is selected. Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Aug 24, 2008
If the background is white it is not transparent and never will be if you do not delete the white part. do this by making the back ground a layer by double clicking it in the layer panel.
P
pentimento
Aug 24, 2008
Thanks – I do not want to make the background transparent. I want to be able to apply filters to the white background as well as the image. All channels are on. There are no selections made.
B
Buko
Aug 24, 2008
what exactly do you think is going to happen to an area that is a solid white with no definition?
P
pentimento
Aug 24, 2008
oh duh – The reason it worked previously must have been because the background was still there and just desaturated or lightened. So I should go back to the original, change the clipping path to a selection and desaturate to leave the texture?
B
Buko
Aug 24, 2008
What exactly are you trying to do?

Why do you need a clipping path?
P
pentimento
Aug 24, 2008
ugh – made such a mess – shot orchids on black background with texture but couldn’t get the selection right so though I would have a clipping path made and then turn that into selection. but then I had to make changes to the orchid so the path wasn’t quite right.
at any rate I’m back to the original – have made the corrections to the flowers and am now trying to refine the selection so I don’t have a black line around the orchids when I use a layer to lighten the background, but also don’t loose the stem which is dark and hard to select. – sorry for the confusion.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections