P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There were a couple of threads recently from people considering the purchase of PSE 2. I was just reading the Office Depot flyer out of Sunday’s paper (yes, I know this is still Saturday.) They have it for $49.74 after rebates. One is a $20 instant from Office Depot, and the second is the $30 Adobe mail in rebate.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LK
Leen Koper
Sep 28, 2003
Sometimes I don’t understand Adobe business policy.
Why sending a mail rebate to a buyer instead of lowering the price? A lower price saves a lot of work as someone ‘s got to do the job.

I’m in business too and I’m eager to learn from the big boys. πŸ˜‰

Leen
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 28, 2003
Leen,

I guess it makes good sense to do this as a business, in that if you mark down the retail price, then every unit sold is at the lower price. Whereas offering the rebate, you initially collect full price, and only "discount" those units for which claims are submitted.

And, the company will have the money earning interest in the bank between the sale, and the date the consumer cashes the rebate check, so the longer they can delay payment, the better for them.

Byron
R
Ray
Sep 28, 2003
And, not everyone mail in their rebate form. You’d be surprised how many people buy the product, and completely forget about the rebate. But, those same people will definitely buy the product BECAUSE of the rebate πŸ™‚

Ray
BP
Bob Polk
Sep 28, 2003
I did even better with a $30 rebate from Amazon and the $30 from Adobe. Bob
P
Phosphor
Sep 28, 2003
With the Holidays coming up, my guess is we’ll be seeing more of the really good sales. I got my PSE 2 for about $25 from Amazon late last Fall or early Winter, but that’s the last time I’ve seen it that low.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections