SD
Posted By
Shrilly_Drabble
May 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
it has left a definite line between two of the photos on the merge, even though I used automatic blending, can anyone tell me the best way to even out the colour, I guess I need to use layers and masks but not sure how to proceed from there.
using an iMac 17"FP with 768 RAM, 800 mhz I have saved the photo on my external Lacie drive with 140gb free so space is not a problem.
Any other information needed?

Thanks for reading this.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 8, 2005
Hi,

Would it be possible for you to post the resulting image? Maybe a simple operation of clone stamp will do, but before giving more precise details, it’d be best to see the problem(s).

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 8, 2005
It isn’t unusual to find that there is a line when you have done a photomerge … and it tend to be the sky where it shows the most.

I tend to use the clone tool at a low opacity to blend sky lines in 🙂

Wendy
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
May 8, 2005
Thanks for responding so quickly, please tell me the best way to post the image, should I crop it to the area that needs attention as it is rather large at the moment. I can resize the whole image, but then it may not be so clear.
Do I attach it to a message or drag and drop it?
I have never posted an image in a forum before so unsure about how to do this. I will obviously save it as a jpeg as at the moment it is 176mb, saved as layers.

It is an area of water that shows the most with small waves, so using the clone tool is not going to be easy.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 8, 2005
Shrilly, most people have the best luck with Photomerge if they correct the individual images before running them through the merge process. Open them on your desktop and eyeball the colors until they’re as close as you can get.

You can post here: <http://www.pixentral.com/index.php>

And, yes, it’s going to have to be a lot smaller before you can put it on.
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
May 8, 2005
Thanks Beth I have cropped it right down and posted it, I think the line between the greys shows quite clearly.

do I post the link to it here.?
sorry to appear so dense.
kindest thoughts
Shrilly
BH
Beth_Haney
May 8, 2005
Yes, put a link here. Just copy/paste the address.
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 8, 2005
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
May 8, 2005
Hi Tom, Ok so what is the secret?
Give!!!!!!!!
You can’t just post a great alteration and not explain how I get there too. Please, Pretty please!!
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 8, 2005
Hi Shrilly,
First, Auto Color Correction.
For the water, alternating between Clone Stamp and Healing Brush. Clean up with a little Dodge and Burn tool.
Tweak with some saturation, shadow lightening and Unsharp mask. This was done very quickly, I am sure it could be better.
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
May 8, 2005
Ah! Tom, thanks, haven’t used the healing tool before.
Just a small detail which particular brush do you find best for ‘clone’ I usually use one that is not solid as it gives a more subtle effect. do you agree?
I also noticed looking in more detail that the wall is out of alignment so I might just have to start all over,,, at least I have that Lacie drive to save all my versions until I get the best one.

Thanks for all the help, this is my first go at photomerging as you may have guessed. Are You are using PSE2 same as me? as that would make a difference to which tools I have available.
SD
Shrilly_Drabble
May 8, 2005
I have to go to bed now, its after 11pm BST and I cannot do any more work tonight. Thanks to all who have helped so far, I look forward to further help tomorrow. 🙂 You are all wonderful.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 8, 2005
Hi, Shrilly. Just so you don’t go crazy trying to find it, the Healing Brushes were new in PE 3, so you won’t have them in PE 2, although I believe Richard Lynch has an add-on one for PE 2. Check his hiddenelements.com site.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections