P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m doing some stuff that I’m going to need full photoshop for and I was wondering if anyone knows of any special offers/upgrades right now for Elements owners. I checked the one in Ray’s old thread, but that was expired. Is there anything recent?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PD
Pete D
Sep 22, 2003
Barbara ,

I tried to reply to just you but it was kicked back? Anyway….

There is an academic full edition on Yahoo shopping for $256.

An "upgrade" for $131.55 and there are a few other upgrade deals at Yahoo shopping right around
this price.

Pete
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 22, 2003
Pete, I wonder about that academic full edition…. I thought sales of those were restricted to teachers and students. Also, would likely not be able to apply the upgrade package for PS8 when it comes out – not that that would be a big stumbling block for those who would be satisfied with PS8. Also, the upgrade packages generally do not work with Elements or even the PS5 ‘Special Edition" that came bundled with many digital cameras a year or two ago.

Chuck
PD
Pete D
Sep 22, 2003
Good questions Chuck. Barbara may well be a teacher as far as we know or maybe she is buying it for one. The other questions I guess would have to be directed to the seller and/or Adobe.

But good points to consider for anyone buying.

PeteD
P
Phosphor
Sep 22, 2003
Thanks, Pete. Which address did you use?

Chuck, I agree. I don’t qualify for the academic edition, I know.
PD
Pete D
Sep 22, 2003
Barbara > Thanks, Pete. Which address did you use?

I just clicked reply (instead of "reply group") on Outlook Express Newsreader. That usually sends a reply to the individual that posted. But maybe you don’t use an ‘active’ e mail address on the forum?

Pete
P
Phosphor
Sep 22, 2003
Hi, Pete. No, I don’t, I’m afraid, just post one when necessary.
PD
Pete D
Sep 23, 2003
Barbara > Hi, Pete. No, I don’t

I hear ya. That Yahoo address I use here gets over 100 junk e mails daily and they all get dumped at once with the empty button. Spam filter seems to work putting all the junk into a bulk mail folder. But I sometimes wonder if I have dumped mail I wanted?

PeteD
R
Ray
Sep 23, 2003
Sorry to hack a topic but… Jodi, I can’t write to you… 🙁 Messages are bouncing back saying it
couldn’t be delivered…

Ray
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 23, 2003
Ray, I had same problem with Jodi’s e-mail. Jodi, time to consider a new ISP…
P
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2003
Mark is our hero!!! I sure hope Barbara sees this. How in the world did you find it? I remembered the last offer at this price was for owners of Microtek scanners, but I sure didn’t have any luck finding this on the Adobe site. Nice work. 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2003
Mark is our hero!!!

He sure is! Thanks, Mark.

Does anyone know for sure whether it works if you don’t have a microtek scanner?
P
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2003
"Not I", said the Little Red Hen. My guess is that Adobe wouldn’t quibble, although I suppose there’s the chance serial numbers issued for Microtek products could have distinctive numbers.

Chuck? Are you out there? Didn’t you order your version of PS 7.0 using a special offer designed for a specific group – of which you weren’t really a member? 🙂
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 23, 2003
Beth, I took advantage of that once-in-a-lifetime offering to registered Elements users to upgrade; the catch was that I didn’t receive any notification but rather benefitted from a posting of the website address here on the forum. However, when I placed the order, it was accepted, I bought it, it’s registered, etc.

Chuck
MR
Mark Reibman
Sep 23, 2003
This is one of the threads from dpreview regarding the deal. This guy said he got it and knows that others did as well without the microtek purchase. If you put your serial number in on the Adobe upgrade page and it goes through, I’d say watch for the UPS guy.

< http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&me ssage=5765693>

I’m home today, and several more because I had an x-ray on Friday of my foot that I hurt about three weeks ago. One of the bones is broken so I’m going to be home (wearing a boot) a lot more for a while. Beth, weren’t you on the disabled list recently?
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 23, 2003
Mark, ah poor thing ;( I slightly knocked the back of my heel a couple of weeks ago and it turned into a painful affair. Within a few hours I could barely walk. My foot turned black and blue ! …it was only a slight bump !! Anyways, after about 5 days i was fine but now i have and ‘extra’ little bone sticking out the side of my heel….what a freak thing that was. Hope you get better soon…put your feet up !

Ray, I’m sorry you couldn’t send me mail…you got mine though right ??

Pete, ya ya probably deleted the mail i sent ya ;(
PD
Pete D
Sep 23, 2003
Jodi
Pete, ya ya probably deleted the mail i sent ya ;(

Nope. I replied and when they were not kicked back I thought you received them.

PeteD
S
Stanley
Sep 23, 2003
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:11:30 -0700, "Barbara Brundage" wrote:

Does anyone know for sure whether it works if you don’t have a microtek scanner?

YES! I didn’t actually finish going through all the steps to purchase, but I got as far as Adobe accepting my info and asking for Visa card #. I gave them the serial @ from my elements 2 and they took it.

I just might take them up on the offer in a month or so. I just purchased a DVD burner, so for a few monts, I better lay off the card.

Beast way to find your serial #…
Help>register>register on line……
Simply copy the number and paste it into the order page. Works like a charm….Or as they used to say "in like Flyn".

Stan
MR
Mark Reibman
Sep 23, 2003
Jodi,

Thanks for the sympathy. 🙂

You may want to set up a web email account like or yahoo.com until your email problems get resolved.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 23, 2003
Pete, Nope, i haven’t received any mail from you. Apparently i need to make another phone call to my isp. I have to cool down a bit though before I call…if not, they may send me a virus !!! Seriously though, I’m getting freekin worm mail but not mail i’m suppose to get ?? Well, I just got mail from my mom up in Quebec so i know it’s working to and from Canada. I’m getting extremely tired of this whole thing. I may switch to broadband soon… ‘may’.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 23, 2003
Mark, I do have a hotmail address…not the diva thing though…;) I never use it to send mail…maybe I should start. Thanks.
R
Ray
Sep 23, 2003
Yes I did. I just sent you a short reply saying "thanks" 😉

Ray
P
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2003
Yes, Mark, I was on the disabled list all right! First it was the broken hip, and then it was the broken leg. And now the funny part (well, sad actually, but I have to laugh) – I had some routine exrays done a month of so ago. The nurse called a couple of days later and said the doctor wanted to know when I’d broken my right foot – he couldn’t find a note about that in the file. Sheesh. I "walked" right through that one!! I figure it must have been in December when I went in for the cortisone shot, thinking something else was wrong. No wonder the shot didn’t work. I’m pathetic. See why I spend so much time sitting at this computer annoying all of the Elements people?!

I hope you’re up and around shortly. Not being able to walk is really a drag. You have my sincere sympathy. 🙂
MR
Mark Reibman
Sep 23, 2003
Broken hip, then a broken leg?! Oh my! I’m going to stop feeling sorry for my situation right now.

Well, I’m sure there are a few of us who greatly appreciate your ‘annoying us’.

Your situation may be ‘pathetic’ but you surely are not.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 23, 2003
Well, I’m sure there are a few of us who greatly appreciate your ‘annoying
us'<

Mark, amen to that – Beth is a hero to every new participant in the forum – and us old-timers too!!

🙂

Chuck
R
Ray
Sep 23, 2003
I heartily second that!

Ray
P
Phosphor
Sep 24, 2003
To quote Jodi: "I’m blushing." Thanks, guys! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections