How can I make a transparent background on a gif of text?

AM
Posted By
Alice_Murray
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’m not very experienced with Photoshop, so I hope someone can help. I’m using Photoshop 7 on a Macintosh running MacOS 10.2.8. I’m trying to create a gif for a website. The gif is simply three typed words using a special font, but I need them to have a transparent background. They will be inserted on a webpage with a color background. Even though I thought I was creating my photoshop document with a transparent background, the background of the gif show up white when inserted on the webpage. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Is this even possible?

Thanks for your help.

Alice

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 5, 2004
Did you use Save for Web? There’s a checkbox for Transparency in the Save for Web dialog.
P
Phosphor
Apr 5, 2004
‘mornin’, Ed.

Up walkin’ the dog?

Odd hour for you, leastways in my recollection…
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 5, 2004
I’m always up early. I’m on the East Coast y’know. Already at work.
AM
Alice_Murray
Apr 5, 2004
I did use Save for Web. I don’t see a checkbox for transparency though. I thought it should be there. Any ideas?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 5, 2004
It’s on the left underneath Diffusion. You do have gif selected in the dropdown, right? It won’t be there for jpg.
AM
Alice_Murray
Apr 5, 2004
Ed,

I didn’t have gif selected. It was set on jpeg. Once I selected gif, everything worked fine. Thank you so much for your help.

Alice

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections