P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m about to lose most internet access for six weeks – I’ll be in Toronto for a week from Sunday, then North Adams (wherever that is…) for a couple of days then London for four weeks. I’ll be checking my email from time to time, so if anyone who lives within hail of those places wants to have a chat and a cup of coffee, please email me at Enjoy playing with Elements – I’ll be taking pictures but my husband’s laptop is an Elements free zone (too old an operating system to run PE2) so I’ll have plenty to do when I get back!

Susan S.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Joe Henry1000
Sep 5, 2003
then London for four weeks

I’m so jealous! Tip a pint for me (unless of course you don’t partake in such things;-). Have a great trip!

Joe
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Susan, have a safe and merry trip! Toronto is a lovely city, you’ll enjoy it I am sure! They even have air conditionning in the subway trains! Who could ask for more? 🙂 Next time, if you plan on
visiting Montreal, I’ll not only offer you the cup of coffee, but the whole breakfast that goes with
it 🙂

Ray
PD
Pete D
Sep 5, 2003
Susan,

We will certainly miss you. Have a safe and enjoyable journey.

Pete
B
bluegaga
Sep 5, 2003
While you are having a wonderful time you will certainly be missed here on the Forum. I don’t ask many questions, but find your answers to others extremely helpful. You give the help step by step, which is so neat! I thank you for that and will be glad when you are back with us! Dorothy
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 5, 2003
Bon voyage, Susan – we’ll miss you!!

🙂

Chuck
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
6 weeks seems like a lifetime to me ! Will miss you. Take good care.
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Have a lovely trip, Susan! Nice time of year to be going.
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Have a very safe and enjoyable trip, Susan! We’ll miss you, but we’ll also look forward to seeing some of those pictures when you get back!
MR
Mark Reibman
Sep 5, 2003
Wishing you a wonderful trip Susan. You’ll be missed.
CS
carl sutherland
Sep 5, 2003
Susan,

I hope you have a wonderful time. When I was traveling a lot, I would always try to go thru London so I could catch the shows if nothing else. I also happen to like the food whatever anybody says. I will personally miss you as I have found you a reliable source of information I can use.

Carl
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 5, 2003
Susan, have a wonderful time.

When will you be in London? In October I ‘ll have to stage a small seminar on environmental portraiture and judge a print competion near Cambridge and we might be able to meet. Although I will have rather little time left, you can always attend the seminar as my guest.

Leen
ML
Marty Landolt
Sep 5, 2003
SUSAN,
bon voyage … bon a petite .. and elsewise have a nice trip. I’ll look forward to your return.
Marty
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Hmmm. I thought I replied to this. Oh well, my brain is obviously turned to jelly with the stress of travel!

Thank you for the good wishes. I’m going to miss you all.

Leen – please email me (address in the first post)- as my husband is working in Cambridge for the last two weeks of our trip, I may well be popping up there from London for a day, and i would love to catch up in person.
Susan S
SR
Schraven Robert
Sep 5, 2003
Susan,

When in the UK, as a pedestrian please watch out with crossing streets and roads. The cars come from the left. Something that is easily forgotten if you are used to cars coming from the right.
It nearly got me once.

By the way, something I always wanted to ask: What does "OT" mean?

Have a nice trip.

Robert
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Robert – here in Aus we drive on the correct (ie left!) side of the road anyway. It’s in the US that I’m more likely to get mown down. OT means Off Topic – my post was not discussing the topic that thiis forum is really meant for!

Susan S
PL
Paul L UK
Sep 5, 2003
Robert

You’ve obviously not spent a lot of time in UK cities. The average speed in town wouldn’t make a tortoise sweat.

The biggest problem is winding your way through all of the stationary cars when trying to cross the road.

Susan – have a great time, early autumn (when the weather is OK) is the best time (as you know, being an ex-pat) to be a tourist here, not as many tourists to get in your way.

Paul
SR
Schraven Robert
Sep 5, 2003
Paul,

You may have been a bit too hasty with your first remark. I lived and worked for 3 years in London, mainly in the west end and Chelsea. Some of the busier spots.
Although I quickly got used to the traffic being on the left side (i.e. the wrong side for us from the continent)I still got caught out occasionally, especially when in conversation with some one.

Susan, thank you for the OT. I always wanted to ask that question.

have a good time.

Robert
AT
Andrew Turek
Sep 5, 2003
Welcome to London. The main hazard on the road is the fool using his mobile bloody phone.

But then, the most dangerous part of a car is the nut behind the wheel.

Or, to be upbeat and less O/T to this forum: the most important component of a camera is the nut on the shutter!

Andrew
JC
Jane Carter
Sep 6, 2003
Hi Susan, What a wonderful trip! Forget the lack of internet access, have a great time, take lots of pictures. Enjoy, vacations and holidays go by altogether too fast!
Jane
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 6, 2003
Susan, you are welcome on October 22nd in Whittlesford near Cambridge.Just look for the guy with the long beard that looks like the one on the frontpage of my website. That;’s supposed to be me. 😉
If you have an internet access somewhere, you will be able to see the latest details here: <http://www.bippcentral.co.uk/nextevent.html>

Leen
P
Phosphor
Sep 7, 2003
Leen – bother – that’s a couple of days after I leave the country! I’m sorry, but I can’t make it. On a brighter note my intenet access is rather better than I hoped; the people who we are staying with in Toronto have broadband, so I am around for at least this week.

Susan S
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 7, 2003
Susan Do they have PS or PS Elements ? 😉
P
Phosphor
Sep 8, 2003
Jodi – unfortunately neither! I’m still Elements-less. But at least I do have internet access for the week, and I have graphic converter on the laptop which allows me to do some very basic editing. That is when the kids let me. The little one has been an absolute monster – jet lag and four year olds do not make a happy combination…..
Susan S.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 8, 2003
Hey, Susan, just thought of something…You are in my time zone now…yay ! So you aren’t going to bed when i’m getting up…nice to know. That is probably what is also messing up your little one…I know it would mess me up. Heck, I get messed up if I don’t get at least 6 hours sleep at night ( didn’t last night…my Lori Bird decided he was going to start yelling at 4 this morning and I couldn’t get back to sleep…I guess you don’t miss those Lori’s ….after he had me wide awake he shut up but then it was too late…yes he is covered up at night so not sure what got into him…he was squawking and saying ‘ Lori bird Shut UP’ over and over again…he obviously is a lunatic bird )
AT
Andrew Turek
Sep 11, 2003
Susan, I am going to make you and most other readers with small (or no longer small) kids green with envy. My son, and I have just the one child, started sleeping through the night when he was six weeks old and we have never had a peek out of him at night since. And he start university next week.

Getting him up in the morning, well, that’s something else, but hey . . .

Boastfully and smugly yours

Andrew

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections