Can’t see anything when typing! Please help.

EW
Posted By
Eliot_Wasmund
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. Any help is appreciated. Alright, I don’t know if I’ve just lost it. There is probably a simple solution to my problem. Whenever I go to type something, I can never see it- even if the colors would permit it. Say I have a black background and I want to type something on top of that, so I make my font color white, go to type, and nothing appears. What should I do? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 18, 2004
close the info palette.
MA
Mark_Allen
Jul 18, 2004
Eliot,

Are you using layers were the type layer is in the middle or just above the background?

If you wish to type, highlight the top (Uppermost) layer and then start typing. Also check you don’t have "Type Mask" selected. That’s when you hover over the type icon, hold down and have a choice of 4 icons. the dotted lines are masks.

Click the 1st icon to bring things back to normal.

Regards

Mark
EW
Eliot_Wasmund
Jul 19, 2004
Case resolved. A font that I was using just wasn’t working. It would apprear to, like spaces would come in and everything, but no letters. Thanks anyway.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections