A
Posted By
alainitalien
Sep 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It’s possible to have a trial version of PE 2.0 (or 1.0) in italian or french? Excuse me for my terrific english. Thank you
Alain

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
If you haven’t found a download in either language on the Adobe site, I don’t know of anyplace else you would find one.

Your English is quite good – I could understand what you were asking! Stick around the forum; we’ve got one French speaker sounding like he was raised speaking English. (Of course we can’t actually hear him talk, so maybe it’s just his written English that’s getting so good.)
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Thank you Beth.. You made my day! I really needed it. Just back from the surgeon. Good and bad news. The good ones are really, really good. But the bad ones are equally really bad. Anyhow, thanks again 🙂

X-Ray
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 5, 2003
Ray, so on balance, the glass is half-full, not half-empty??

🙂

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
You’re welcome, Ray. Your English was pretty good when you first started hanging around, but I don’t hear an accent at all any more!!! 🙂
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
The following contains medical details. Reader’s discretion is advised 🙂

As I said, the good news are as joyfull as the bad news as sadening. The goods : half of the surgery is really required (the rest is optional), and in that optional part, half of it is optional
(get the upper jaw lower, with or without a piece of bone from my own hip). So in all, I would heal
faster, and be back on my feet in no time (sort of). The bad is the surgeon might needs to perform another surgery before the *big* one (removing my wisdom teeth). If this happens, that would put my
whole schedule back for an additional 6 months. Meaning, I thought I would be "braces free" for
xmas 2004. As it turns out, if all goes bad, I would be with braces for my next two birthdays (3 in
totals), untill March 2005. That sucks a great deal, believe me. I am so tired of wearing braces, you can’t possibly begin to imagine!

So, is the glass half full or half empty? I’d say, the glass is a soft drink cup from McDonald, with an opaque top, so I can’t really see through for now 🙂 I’ll give you a precise response on Monday, as molds of my jaws will be made. The surgeon (a young man very comprehensive towards his patient with a voice that inspires calmness), his assistant (lovely lady with a good sense of humor)
and I (a guy who’s carrying a book on Photoshop everywhere he can!) will practice a demo surgery on it! I just hope we’ll have more luck on these molds that I had when I was playing doctor on Mister Potato (you know the plastic potato with removable body parts ?).. Lol !

Ray
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Resistance is futile, I have been assimilated… 🙂

Beth, your positivsm (humm… there’s something odd about this word I’m sure.. Chuck..?) is always there when I need it. Really, you’re very kind!

On another matter, but speaking of kind persons, I think Scott Kelby is the best author of Photoshop
books, ever! I bought his Photoshop book for digital photographers and Down and Dirty tricks, and now I’m planning on buying the Killer tips. I saw he published a book on Photoshop Elements 2.0 for
digital photographers. If it’s anything like the one for Photoshop 7, I’d say this : run for it! The Photoshop 7.0 book is worth every penny spent on it!

Ray
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 5, 2003
"Ray" wrote in message
Thank you Beth.. You made my day! I really needed it.

lol…

Until I read this thread, I had no idea you weren’t a native English speaker.

Fact is, in my experience most people speaking English as a second language that I run into apologize for their poor English at the same time that they use the language far better than most native speakers. This goes doubly so on the Internet. 🙂

Pete
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Thanks Peter! At first, when I joined this group, it’s been years since I spoke (or wrote) English on a regular basis. But as turned out, it came back quicker than I thought. Still, at times, I do rely on my dictionnary. As you probably know, a dictionnary can only provide a handfull meanings for any word. So, there are occasions when I totally miss the point!

I live in Montreal, and my native language is French. I do, however, speak English not that bad (except since I got those d…m braces in my mouth!!) I work for an international telco and we have
offices around the world (some of then in Reston, VA). English is the language we use to exchange memos and alike between the various divisions. I was just calling our offices in the United Arab Emirates this morning. Funny, they answer in English! I was expecting to be greeted in the local language, to my great surprise!

Ray
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 5, 2003
Raymond, as another representative of the non-native speakers chapter I wish you lots of mental strength with your surgery. I still remember how frightened I was when I had to undergo a major surgery for the first time. I’m not a hero at all and I never felt te need to be one.

People on the forum are so kind not to show when I abuse the english language and I’m so polite not to ask what they mean when some of these Americans try to rape the Shakespearean Language…..
Next to having english as a second language, an extra difficulty is the cultural difference. We, Dutch, are often very straight to the point and sometimes I forget this might embarrass some people. I apologise.

Leen
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Thanks Leen 🙂
AT
Andrew Turek
Sep 5, 2003
Raymond, bonne chance avec la chirurgie!
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
Raymond, I’m thinking of you and hoping all goes smoothly. You know I know how you feel…had a couple of major sugeries and stopped breathing in the last one…but never once did i think i’d be visiting my maker. My faith to remain alive forever keeps me alive and well. I send my faith to you with every strenght within me.

Leen, I’m one of those that always said it like it was…straight to the point…ya think i got some Dutch blood in me ? Yes, I know what you mean about being careful with wording sometimes. I never mean to hurt people’s feelings but sometimes I do…unknowingly.
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Andrew, Jodi, thanks!

As for dying (is it diying ?..), I really don’t care. I mean, I want to live, but if I die, that’s ok as well. I’ve had a wonderfull life so far, no regrets. Nobody depends on me (like parents who have children to care for), both my parents are dead. At this point, I would leave no one in trouble. I also doubled my life insurance coverage, so that my friend will have enough money to take care of pressing matters and enough to get a good start (like buying a house like we’ve been planning for some time now), should there be a need.

But, I’ll concentrate on more pleasant toughts.. like eating an apple without the use of a knife! Or a pizza directly from the box to my mouth! Or… POPCORN! With several hundreds layers of butter! (the use of the word layers is to permit this conversation to, a little, on topic!) Fresh carrots (not boiled), 1" thick steak, green and fresh vegetables, all of what I’ve been avoiding for
a very long time now! We take eating and talking for granted because since we were born, we were able to do it painlessly. But for those, like me, whom have a chewing problem, eating can be puzzling at times!

I’ve also started to look at baby food in small jars (at the grocery store), because that’s what I’ll be eating for 6 weeks in about a month. Any suggestion anyone? 🙂

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
Ray, Baby food is nasty except for the sweet stuff which is ok. My kids never had baby food…it’s so yuck ! Get yourself one of those hand held blenders…the ones that have that round base with blades that go a million miles an hour…they are great! It’s what i used to make my own baby food. Also try to take a good daily vitamin before and after the surgery. High vitamin A foods are best to keep your ‘mind’ awake. Your body will heal quicker when your mind is at it’s best ! Best wishes
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 5, 2003
Ray, baby food has very little taste as far as I remember when I had to feed my son about 30 years ago.
Buy a food processor. Cook like normal or a little bit more spicey. Give these layers a "blur" in the food processor and it will be as easy to eat as baby food. Nevertheless the flavour will be much better.
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Jodi : Thanks, I already have an eye on a "simple" to use model : one speed, one button. After a
surgery, you don’t want to have to program any "action" to get the dinner ready 🙂 Besides, Vitamin
A will act as an "unsharp mask" for me 🙂

Leen : LOL ! You don’t lack imagination, that’s for sure 🙂

I was hoping to have baby food for the first week as I will be very weak (with the loss of blood), but perhaps I’ll fix a few things that can be heated in the microwave after.

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
Ray, geeze, ya want me to come up and take care of you ? Should be your man’s job though 🙂

You aren’t alone…R U ?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 5, 2003
Ray:

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a rapid recovery….

Chuck
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 5, 2003
Ray, this isn’t the result of my imagination. I’m serious. We got fed up with these extremely high prices for babyfood and with this processor we produced our own at a fraction of the costs. Moreover, he ate the same food as we did, although much, very much slower at that time… 😉
It worked OK, because now he is a healthy person of 2 meters high. ( that is about 6 foot 8, I suppose)

Leen

Leen
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
Leen, 6,8 !!! How many layers is that and were there adjustment layers ? Keeping on subject 😉
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 5, 2003
Jodi, I apologise.
It was not done with layers, just only linear interpolation did the job.

Leen
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
🙂
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
No, I won’t, not the first 3 days. But I might hire a private nurse, if things do not turn out ok. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine! 🙂

Ray
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Ray, when is all this supposed to happen?

(And it’s true about the babyfood-since they stopped putting stuff in to make it taste good to parents who take a bite to encourage their babies, it’s pretty bland. Maybe soups?)
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Leen, I now know why I’m 5’6" only 🙂

I know you are serious, and I’m as serious as well, I’ve already spoted a few blenders that operate with only one button, one speed (no need for ice crushing, juicing, etc). Blend, untill liquified, that’s all I’m asking!

Ray
R
Ray
Sep 5, 2003
Barbara, I’ll know for sure on Monday, as I may have to undergo a seperate surgery before the big one, to get my wisdom teeth removed. I’m still crossing my fingers that this can avoided (by grinding them instead of removing them). The molds he’ll made will help him see if they are in his way or not.

Oh, and the insurance co will finally pay half of it! The Mac is less far away in time than I thought 🙂

Ray
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
Oh, man, Ray. A new Mac could make that time pass mighty fast!! It’ll be over before you know it. 🙂
R
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
I sure it would, but I want something I won’t have to upgrade for a few years, at least. So a G5 is
in my target, but the price is still a little too high. Patience is a virtue 🙂

Ray
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
Oh, and the insurance co will finally pay half of it!

Well, that’s one good thing, anyway, Ray. You deserve a mac after all this!

(Beth, does the exclamation point make me petty?)
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
Well, gee, I don’t know Barbara. I never went back and looked at what I’d written; do I need to? Nah. I’ll just keep stabbing people. 🙂
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 6, 2003
ouch Beth, my eye my eye ! 🙂 😉
R
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
Barbara, Beth, don’t question yourselves. We like you just the way you are 🙂
SR
Schraven Robert
Sep 6, 2003
May be you can prepare a few meals and blend these before you get the surgery and put these in the freezer.
That way all you have to do is defrost one in the microwave. You may manage that. You’re a brave man to undergo all that surgery.

Robert
R
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
Robert,

Brave or blind ? 🙂 But people are having much more pain or problems than I will, every day. Just take a walk in the nearest emergency room… Car accident, people with cancer, etc. Mine is only a
localized surgery, to correct a problem. No big deal, really.

I will look into cooking in advance, as soon as I get the chance (I’m on vacation in two weeks!!)

Ray
DH
Dave Hamer
Sep 6, 2003
Ray

Rather than the canned or jarred baby food. I would look more toward a good blender. Just pop in your favorite things and let her rip. The texture will be different but the taste will still be there. You can serve it either hot or cold as well.

One of my favorites was fruit smoothies. Lots of fruit, a little milk or cream and a handfull of ice cubes. Even aloows you to mix the fruit instead of only having one flavour.

Thanx for those postings you provided of free downloads for photos and textures. I will get lots of use with my Photoshop Class.

Take care and remain positive. That’s the answer to lifes problems.

Dave
AM
Anna Marie Langley
Sep 7, 2003
Ray,
My oldest son, who will be 20 in a month, had his jaws (both upper and lower) broken surgically and spaced, new bone growth inserted and then was wired together for 2 months. He did fine -other than getting a cold which caused him to have to sleep upright since he couldn’t breathe with his mouth.
Anyway, to my point, we thought about the baby food thing (he was 16 at the time) but he refused, since it just wasn’t COOL !!! But I did buy lots of Ensure (drink for those who need the extra nutrition) Don’t know if you can get it in Canada though. Pour it in the blender, add extra fruit -like bananas-and blended it til smooth. Then he wedged a straw between the wires and drank for as long as it took to get finished. He didn’t lose weight, he actually gained a few lbs.
Hope and pray all goes well for you with this and will see you in PSE2 class page at yahoo with Sara.
Anna
P
Phosphor
Sep 7, 2003
Ensure is a great idea, Anna. I never think of it for uses like this, but it’s really nutritious and tastes pretty good, too. (I sampled some of my mother’s!)
P
Phosphor
Sep 7, 2003
Dunno, Beth. When my mom wasn’t eating enough, her doctor said get Instant Breakfast or even Slimfast instead (actually lots of calories there) because they’re less bland and more palatable.
P
Phosphor
Sep 7, 2003
It’s a moot point now because she’s dead (no, the Ensure wasn’t the cause), but she "had" to have Ensure because that’s what she was familiar with from having bought it for my stepdad. The Slimfast and Instant Breakfast would be good options for Ray, though. I bet either costs a lot less than the Ensure, and if they taste better that’s an added bonus.
R
Ray
Sep 7, 2003
Anna Marie,

I will be back with Sara’s lesson on Level III, in November. Untill then, I’ve joined Bryce 5 (3D world design) and Intro to Photography. I will however be an active member of the ex-students board. Not as much as yesterday, though 😉

I will also get the triple treatment (upper, lower, genio). Well, lower and genio are already planned, upper is optional, I’ll know for sure on Monday, when the surgeon makes the molds (is it moulds?) of my jaws. Being claustrophobic (I am 12 on a scale of 1 to 5..!), I won’t be wired shut.
I’ll have rubber bands, but only 2 instead of 8. I’ll be able to open my mouth on day 3, if I have a panic attack. But, I’ve been firmly asked not to, unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Barbara, Beth,

I’ve already sampled a few drinks like those (we have Boost, Ensure, Enrich, and half a dozen more of these "liquids" in Canada). So far, I prefer Boost vanilla et chocolat. Wild fruits is totally
out of the question, so as Strawberry (which tastes actually more like Quick Strawberry… the powder in the milk thing..?) :-\
I also bought a book on energetic shakes made of fruits. The doctor said to add protein powder on every meal, to ensure a quicker recovery. Coupled with steroids to prevent excessive swelling. All
that remains for me to do is shave my head and I’ll be looking like Mr Clean with all those proteins
& steroids… LOL!

Once this is completely over, I’ll send Grant a new picture of me. Hopefully, after all that, I will graduate from behind the camera to in front of the camera, showing a big shinning smile 🙂

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections