SC
Posted By
Sandra_C_Chun
Jan 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using PS 5.0 LE, but downloaded and installed PS Elements 2 trial version a few months ago. I decided not to keep PSE and uninstalled it. Apparently, when I installed it, it made itself the default program for .psd files. Now I can’t open any psd files created in PS LE. I can’t even change the file association…I get an error message that .psd is already being used by PhotoshopElements.Image.2. I can create another file extension, but would prefer to completely rid my computer of PSE. Any suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 7, 2004
Do a search and look for any PSE straggler files/folders and delete. If you right click on a .psd file with the shift down, choose open with, see all programs, select PSLE and check the box for Always Use This…it doesn’t keep the association?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections