GA
Posted By
Gene Austin
Sep 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I print a photo on plain paper the colors are fine (using Epson 785epx Standard output profile), then when I switch to Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper (as the profile as well) the output is all reddish. I’m using a Mac under OS 10.2 with a file tagged as Adobe RGB (1998) that was captured with a Canon 10D. Mind you if I print this same photo direct from the memory card slot on the printer I don’t have this problem. And advice would be appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 1, 2003
"Gene Austin" wrote in message
When I print a photo on plain paper the colors are fine (using Epson 785epx Standard output profile), then when I switch to Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper (as the profile as well) the output is all reddish. I’m using a Mac under OS 10.2

On Windows, you also need to remember to turn off color management in the printer driver when you use Elements to do color management. This is done (in Windows) by going to the "Advanced" settings in the printer "Properties" dialog, choosing "ICM" color management, and selecting "None" in the dropdown.

Possibly something similar exists on the Mac?

Pete
GA
Gene Austin
Sep 1, 2003
I solved my own problem! I did some more web research and I saw that I should not select any color management in the print dialog. I had previously selected "Colorsync". Apparently selecting this option has no impact with plain paper but seriously messes things up once you select the glossy paper option.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections