ST
Posted By
Sidney_Taylor
Jun 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS and Windows XP. I am unable to create a printer profile using Monaco EZ Color 2.6. The program crashes at the final step in the process. Monaco technical support says that I am saving the scanned information in the wrong TIFF format. I have tried saving the image in all the various TIFF format on the "save as" screen to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced color management software? $2000 is way out of our price range.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 1, 2007
Sidney,

I don’t recall ever having any such problems with EZColor 2.6, but I think I used the application itself to scan and save print target into a TIFF format, then opened that image in Photoshop and printed it per the paper type I was profiling. Upon completion, I then reverted to using my canned Epson profiles, as they seemed to provide better results. But, I do use the EZColor profiles for other brand media and am generally happy with them. Have you tried using EZColor to save the TIFF? If not, I suggest trying that. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that perhaps you’re saving the TIFF in PS with layers, as a 16-bit color image, or with some compression enabled. I don’t know if EZColor will handle compressed TIFF formats or not.

Regards,

Daryl
ST
Sidney_Taylor
Jun 1, 2007
Thanks for the input. I will check into it. I did try using EZ Color to save the TIFF. I am beginning to think I have a defective program.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections