Replies
Status
Closed
Windows XP
Epson 960 Photo stylus
Elements 3
MIS Ink and Continuos flow inking system
Epsom Premium Glossy paper

I can not seem to get printed skin tones to match what I get from wal mart prints.
Can somebody give me any ideas on standardized techniques to work towards improving printed skin tones. Maybe a few steps I can use to get move the skin tones towards what I need.

My understanding is that Elements does not offer the capability to use profiles while printing?

Thanks tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Roy
Oct 5, 2005
wrote in message
Windows XP
Epson 960 Photo stylus
Elements 3
MIS Ink and Continuos flow inking system
Epsom Premium Glossy paper

I can not seem to get printed skin tones to match what I get from wal mart prints.
Can somebody give me any ideas on standardized techniques to work towards improving printed skin tones. Maybe a few steps I can use to get move the skin tones towards what I need.

My understanding is that Elements does not offer the capability to use profiles while printing?

Thanks tom

Hi.

Elements 2 & 3 most certainly do use Profiles for Printing.

Go to Print with Preview, and click on the box for Colour Management. You will then be able to select your Printer / Paper Profile in the Print Space Drop down.

In order to get accurate colours you will need to get yourself a profile for your Printer, Paper and Ink combination. The provided Profiles which were installed with the driver are designed for use with Epson Inks. The use of non-Epson Inks makes these useless.

Try the MIS website for suitable profiles, or hire in a local Profiler to write a suitable Profile for your combination.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections