Posted By
EVANPUGH
Jul 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CAN ANYONE HELP
ON THE EDITING SCREEN THE COLOUR OF THE IMAGE IS AS IT SHOULD BE BUT WHEN I GO TO PRINT PREVIEW OR THEN PRINT THE IMAGE TURNS A REDDY HUE
I HAVE AN IMAC AND MY PRINTER IS PIXMA IP4200
THANKS

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 28, 2006
Why are you shouting at us? See rules of etiquette before posting.
RR
Reed_Reed
Jul 28, 2006
Ken, his initial message will never look different, no matter what he does now.

Evan,

Don’t type with your caps lock key on. It’s called shouting.

Your problem has to do with the need to apply color management to your workflow. You need to calibrate your monitor, even if you think it is now calibrated. Either use a hardware calibrator or the Mac’s built in software. If you use software, select a DIFFERENT profile to start with other than the one you are now using, as your current one may be corrupt, then recalibrate, save the new monitor profile with a new name and use it.

Then you need to look at your color settings in Photoshop and post them here (all of them).

Depending on your settings, then we need to talk about if and how your images are tagged with an input profile or your working space profile.

You need to be printing through a decent profile for your printer and letting Photoshop manage the color output. More on that when you post your color settings and advise whether you are using an output profile.

Rich
GB
g_ballard
Nov 24, 2008
Read up on full bleed, printer margins, imageable area…if you want full 11" you will likely need to print on larger paper and trim…
BH
Brandon_Halliburton
Nov 24, 2008
Thanks. I guess I will try to do some research on these topics.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections