SP
Posted By
Sam Posner
Aug 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having difficulty printing black and white photos with my HP845c. With the image on gray scale and printing with print in gray scale in the printer set-up the image comes out blue. The only way I able to get black is to specify that I’m printing on plain paper (rather than photo paper) and specify black. If I print at ‘high quality’ it is blue. with black only option the print quality is very poor even on best quality. Any suggestions/help would be great.
Thanks,

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 17, 2003
What kind of photo paper are you using, Sam? The fact you can get the image to print correctly on plain paper leads me to believe you might be using something other than an HP branded photo paper. These inkjets can be pretty picky, and virtually every manufacturer has tied their ink to their own paper. I have an HP 1215, and when I use a Kodak paper, for example, I have to make adjustments within the printer software to account for the variation. When I use HP paper, I can let it just "do its own thing."

If, however, you are using HP paper, post back and let us know so we can toss out some other ideas. This was just the first thought I had.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections